Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #1261
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

In my perusing of the Googling I ran across some portfolio and previous work by the ever talented Will Harbottle and had to share.

This was before Wonder Woman and this shows why we will soon have a masterpiece with her.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oAyqm

Shanna

The best female physique in a statue I have EVER seen.

Please do a Marvel Psylocke. Or a Marvel Rogue. Or a DC Starfire? Just keep doing.

Sideshow is golden with Harbottle. You had my dollars at hello!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #1262
COI

The people who care about edition sizes can just avoid pieces with large edition sizes, and the people who don't care don't have to care.

Never understood the tension between the two sides. Do whatever you want.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #1263
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The people who care about edition sizes can just avoid pieces with large edition sizes, and the people who don't care don't have to care.

And, if you think a large edition size is going to hurt the resale value of the statue, just wait and try to pick one up on the cheap down the road.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #1264
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
...The low edition sizes and day one sell-outs were fun several years ago when there were far less pieces being made. Now there's just too much stuff. Higher edition sizes and market saturation have cured me of impulse buying, now I can take my time and make better decisions...
That is SO true! Looking back, I used to order so many pieces even if I didn't love them. Prices have gone up, ES has gone up (for the most part) and that makes it much easier to get through the initial "hype" phase now that we don't have to make a decision early. No need to lose NRD and if pieces we like better come out we can just cross one off the "MAYBE" list and get the new one instead.

This hobby was a killer for a few years though!
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #1265
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I ordered so many pieces back in those day. It blows my mind looking back on it. I'd always have about 10 pre orders going at once, which is still low compared to a lot of you. The crazy thing is that I sold a lot of them and and now looking back I know I just got caught up in hype and the fact you almost always got what you paid plus maybe a little more if you wanted to resell. Now that a PF is actually double the price up here in Canada, I need to be much more picky. Which is a good thing I think.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #1266
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I ordered so many pieces back in those day. It blows my mind looking back on it. I'd always have about 10 pre orders going at once, which is still low compared to a lot of you. The crazy thing is that I sold a lot of them and and now looking back I know I just got caught up in hype and the fact you almost always got what you paid plus maybe a little more if you wanted to resell. Now that a PF is actually double the price up here in Canada, I need to be much more picky. Which is a good thing I think.
still have that many pre-orders...just they are all Hot Toys now hahaha
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #1267
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Yep I was seduced by the hype also... I used to buy pretty much everything SS made back in the day... back then SS was pretty much the only place you cold buy 1/4 scale statues. Gentle Giant made a few here and there also....Also bought some 1:4 customs.... I bought so many I was having to leave them in boxes in my garage because I ran out of display space in my house... In a 3 year period I must of spent around $60k+ on statues... I'm still selling off a lot of the ones I had in storage....

I've reduced my collection by a lot.... partly thanks to the market being saturated with new products, high edition sizes, questionable qc and the never ending price increases on statues... has help cure me of the temptation of pre-ordering

I still buy a few here and there but mostly window shop now...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:13 AM   #1268
samueljd
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yep I was seduced by the hype also... I used to buy pretty much everything SS made back in the day... back then SS was pretty much the only place you cold buy 1/4 scale statues. Gentle Giant made a few here and there also....Also bought some 1:4 customs.... I bought so many I was having to leave them in boxes in my garage because I ran out of display space in my house... In a 3 year period I must of spent around $60k+ on statues... I'm still selling off a lot of the ones I had in storage....

I've reduced my collection by a lot.... partly thanks to the market being saturated with new products, high edition sizes, questionable qc and the never ending price increases on statues... has help cure me of the temptation of pre-ordering

I still buy a few here and there but mostly window shop now...
I did exactly the same thing, except I started about 10rs ago and kept buying around $10,000-20,000 worth of stuff a year for about 4/5 yrs. Now I only order what I want and am more picky.
samueljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #1269
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

If you don't understand it, might be a good idea to read up on it. It's not that simple.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #1270
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
If you don't understand it, might be a good idea to read up on it. It's not that simple.
Why not?
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote