Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #1271
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I am not particularly fond of Psylocke as a character but the original head sculpt was too gorgeous to pass on. Now that they changed the head sculpt and got rid of the best things about the PF, there is no reason for me to buy this. Everytime I see the photos from SDCC, I can’t help but feel extremely disappointed. Good thing that there are a lot of great statues this year. I guess it is time to move on.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #1272
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The new head is ok, just not as good as the previous one. The new one is too small, and the neck too long. SIGH.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #1273
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
The new head is ok, just not as good as the previous one. The new one is too small, and the neck too long. SIGH.

Sorry first head was OK and was thinking to buy..But with the base and now EX and the new head..easy pass.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #1274
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
well i sorta figured they would do a X force version for halloween or something just painting her black grey outfits

but it would be a good idea to use one of the heads for that if they do
As far as the X-Force version is concerned, you know Sideshow definitely has her in mind when thinking of X-Force, if this link is anything to go by.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/geek/x-f...adpool-domino/
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:54 PM   #1275
demonhunter
Kingpin

I don't know what happened, and why Sideshow made a new head. I loved the first portrait and wanted to buy. But if this new portrait is going to be the regular version, I will have to pass. No, thank you. Only the first one is most beautiful to me.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:49 AM   #1276
AC_808
Hercules

Makes no sense that SSC would change the original portrait to this new one. How can they even think this new portrait looks good. It's so bad. I'm seriously questioning their judgement.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:26 AM   #1277
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It's like Sideshow is actively trying to stir us up. Think about it. A lot of companies listen to fan feedback and use it to improve pieces for the better.

Then you've got Sideshow, and others, who change things when no one asks them to and just seem to be out of touch. I don't get it cause they've also done things to help...magneto, but then changed him to a maquette instead in the same breath...

Why is Sideshow making these bone headed decisions?!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:47 AM   #1278
Yuppy1123
Frackin!

Was actually thinking of buying...until I saw the new head
Yuppy1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:24 AM   #1279
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I stick to my first impression that the original head looks like Famke Janssen.
I totally agree no one is closer to the likeness. So now I passed on the new ivy, mystique, rogue as of now, and psylocke all because of the portraits.. Emma barely made it. Hint, ss art department really needs a talk over the person in charge of these new portraits. They played it safe with the new super girl. Would’ve been good if they made her look a bit more realistic. Others with portraits debates Zantana, and first super girl, so many portraits most don’t like. The art direction needs to be replaced. They can make great portraits like captain marvel, 2 of the red Sonja’s, aspen, Terminator female, etc... what happened to the new art direction? The feedback says it all from the majority. At these new prices there’s not much room for errors, unless they don’t like making money.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #1280
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
It's like Sideshow is actively trying to stir us up. Think about it. A lot of companies listen to fan feedback and use it to improve pieces for the better.

Then you've got Sideshow, and others, who change things when no one asks them to and just seem to be out of touch. I don't get it cause they've also done things to help...magneto, but then changed him to a maquette instead in the same breath...

Why is Sideshow making these bone headed decisions?!
I think they did listen to feedback. When they revealed Psylocke initially a lot of collectors started the " it's a man" joke. And I think they took it a bit too far. It saturated statue groups for a while. People adding beards to the portrait, etc. I guess we can blame those morons for this new headsculpt. People didn't like the pretty Psylocke portrait, but like the ugly XM Scarlet Witch one? Ok.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote