Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #111
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The best display is ikea's PAX, NOTHING comes close in term of flexibility, price, & space. It's also the ONLY display under $2000 that has a real 22" shelf depth (vs 17" max for all the others). It let you display statues the way you want (ie the avenger team stack), and the only display that will fit the optimus prime statue. It also has dust resistant sliding doors like the highend curios as oppose to besta open doors. Lastly it comes with 93+" height option, which will allow 31"+ per shelf height, that will fit most if not all CM and lsf statues as well.

I am currently building one using custom non-glare 99% uv-resistent acrylic panels designed for museum display, will post some details/photo once done in a week or two.

Should have gone this route long time ago, instead of wasting thousands of dollars buying those giant grandma's curio with little depth that can barely fit anything but takes up sooo much space.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #112
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Do you have pics of your pax set up?
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #113
Original
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Just check out the PAX at IKEA website. The dimension is very nice and very flexible for large maquette indeed. However the width of 19" may not be enough for life size bust.
Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #114
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original View Post
Just check out the PAX at IKEA website. The dimension is very nice and very flexible for large maquette indeed. However the width of 19" may not be enough for life size bust.
Dont think you are looking at the right one, see below link. The width is 59" (30" per cabinet) or 78" (39" per). Dont go for the larger ones above 78" because it divides the interior differently above that, just buy 2x 78" or 59" if need even wider.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...02/#/S29850420

As mentioned the default glass is not see through, that's why I need to get the custom acrylic panels (you can do glass too), still waiting for it to get made, will post some photos when all done.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #115
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Dont think you are looking at the right one, see below link. The width is 59" (30" per cabinet) or 78" (39" per). Dont go for the larger ones above 78" because it divides the interior differently above that, just buy 2x 78" or 59" if need even wider.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...02/#/S29850420

As mentioned the default glass is not see through, that's why I need to get the custom acrylic panels (you can do glass too), still waiting for it to get made, will post some photos when all done.
Can't wait
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #116
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The Besta is the only way to the display these Beauties as it is safe, and secure. However if your crafty with tools and building things then this will also work
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #117
Original
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

oh I see. thanks gagaliya
Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #118
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
The Besta is the only way to the display these Beauties as it is safe, and secure. However if your crafty with tools and building things then this will also work

I had a friend of mine duplicate the Besta design for me but added a few inches to the height and width. I think it is well worth just getting someone you know to build it if that person is skilled in this type of work.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #119
gagaliya

besta is a good alternative if all you have are regular sized PF. It's limited by 25" height x 14" depth per display unit vs 30" height x 22" depth for the pax. The pax sliding door is also a big plus for resisting dust getting in.

optimus prime for example will not fit in besta (god knows i tried)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #120
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
The best display is ikea's PAX, NOTHING comes close in term of flexibility, price, & space. It's also the ONLY display under $2000 that has a real 22" shelf depth (vs 17" max for all the others). It let you display statues the way you want (ie the avenger team stack), and the only display that will fit the optimus prime statue. It also has dust resistant sliding doors like the highend curios as oppose to besta open doors. Lastly it comes with 93+" height option, which will allow 31"+ per shelf height, that will fit most if not all CM and lsf statues as well.

I am currently building one using custom non-glare 99% uv-resistent acrylic panels designed for museum display, will post some details/photo once done in a week or two.

Should have gone this route long time ago, instead of wasting thousands of dollars buying those giant grandma's curio with little depth that can barely fit anything but takes up sooo much space.
Just went to Ikea and you are totally right, if you can just get clear glass in those sliding doors these display cases would be the ultimate for 1/4 scale stuff and larger. Only downside is that each shelf holds only 44 pounds but that's not a deal breaker. I may end up doing this as well. Thanks for the great idea!
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote