Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #511
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideAnomaly View Post
I think if you went with three shelves on each side, you would have issues viewing the statues due to the depth of the unit.
Very true, especially on the bottom display area...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #512
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Sarah,

I found this while browsing: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...266/#/90250264

It's the skeleton of the doors, without the panels. All you would need is custom acrylic or glass, and then you're good to go.
Suicide I could cry I'm so happy! I will show this to my husband after work, but this will work perfectly! I really appreciate all your help because you saved us some money, that's for sure! If there is anything we can do to return the favor just ask!

My last question then I'll leave you alone I promise . In those pax units that were purchasing..... Does that come with the shelves so we can put up our figures or are those all purchased separately??

Thanks

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #513
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Great snadinator because eventually were going to get the compatible pax doors and just be done! Unless i find them cheaper than $300 down the road!

Cheaper??? Thats over $600 thats not cheaper and if you buy separately you save over $100 ?? Unless im missing something but the pax unit im buying is $190 and the sliding doors is $310 which makes $500 even!!

I wish i could find an entire unit cheaper with the doors but i just dont see it on their website! Im giong to talk to ikea reps when i get to cincinatti on saturday!!

Thanks though,

Sarah
A pax at $190? I doubt it. Those sliding doors only fit certain wardrobes. Not all Pax wardrobes are the same.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #514
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

They are the exact measurements of my pax why wouldn't they work? And they are for pax wardrobes, not sure why they wouldn't work!

Sarah
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #515
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

Man... you guys are all lucky. We don't even have pax doors available in toronto anymore from what I noticed
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #516
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Really barrel? That's too bad! Do you have pax or bestas??
Old 12-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #517
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Suicide I could cry I'm so happy! I will show this to my husband after work, but this will work perfectly! I really appreciate all your help because you saved us some money, that's for sure! If there is anything we can do to return the favor just ask!

My last question then I'll leave you alone I promise . In those pax units that were purchasing..... Does that come with the shelves so we can put up our figures or are those all purchased separately??

Thanks

Sarah
I'm glad I could be of some assistance.

The only thing I would ask is if you had a lead on a Batman PF EX. I missed out on it, and I don't want to have to pay an additional 200+ dollars for it.

As for the shelves… They do need to be purchased separately, but they come in packs of two. So, you would just need two packs of the appropriately sized shelves.
SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #518
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
I'm glad I could be of some assistance.

The only thing I would ask is if you had a lead on a Batman PF EX. I missed out on it, and I don't want to have to pay an additional 200+ dollars for it.

As for the shelves… They do need to be purchased separately, but they come in packs of two. So, you would just need two packs of the appropriately sized shelves.
Dang, well I would of helped you out but my other batman is for our brother or else we'd hook you up! Thanks again and I'll send pictures once it's set up and complete!

Sarah
Old 12-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #519
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
A pax at $190? I doubt it. Those sliding doors only fit certain wardrobes. Not all Pax wardrobes are the same.
It has actually increased $10, so it's $200 now. Granted that's just for the shell. It's a good option for someone wanting to part together a project.

The doors I linked will work just fine with the wardrobe she intends to purchase. They also have smaller doors for the smaller wardrobes.
SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #520
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

No I think your looking at the 78 inch wide one ! That's $10 more, I'm purchasing the 58 inch wide and 93 inch tall unit for $190! It was the biggest display we could fit in our computer room!

And thanks for finding the sliding doors looks like those will work with that pax unit so I'm super excited! Only two more days until I go pick it up !

Sarah