Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #281
NuSoard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Well-sculpted, but here's the main problem: looking at the arches of her brows, along with the slightly lowered upper eyelids, it seems as if they were trying to suggest an Asian (Japanese) face WITHOUT actually portraying one. Do they have some kind of weird idea that it wouldn't sell? This statue really, REALLY needs an alternative portrait. That way, this could be Betsy Braddock's face, and the alt could be Kwannon's face, which we all know and love from Jim Lee's art.

So far, I've been 100% on board with the portraits SS has done for the most recent PFs of Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Emma Frost, Mystique, etc., but this is the one time I finally have to echo those who have complaints. It's a well-sculpted piece, BUT it also needs to deliver a bit more of what's expected of the character.
NuSoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #282
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

All the tranny talk is really very annoying. If you have homophobia or are a closet LGBT person with esteem issues, please keep it to yourself. If your just a dumb 14 year old kid, stop posting.
I get that some of the sculpts look off or even masculine. But to keep going-“ dude it looks like a tranny” makes you look like an immature idiot.
Stop making these threads so damn toxic, please.

There may also be people fellow members on here that feel disrespected by poorly chosen comments.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #283
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

To each their own, but I think Psylocke looks amazing. I love the attitude in the pose and face. This is how I want Psylocke - looking like she's going to kick your ass. I don't want Barbie Psylocke or Playboy Bunny Psylocke, I want ninja-warrior Psylocke, and I feel that is exactly what Sideshow gave us.

My one critique (and it's not a huge deal) is that IMO it would look a bit better if her belt was a bit lower on her hips.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #284
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzie View Post
Hello victoria

I'm not seeing the likeness. I see someone more, Colombian (possibly)
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #285
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
All the tranny talk is really very annoying. If you have homophobia or are a closet LGBT person with esteem issues, please keep it to yourself. If your just a dumb 14 year old kid, stop posting.
I get that some of the sculpts look off or even masculine. But to keep going-“ dude it looks like a tranny” makes you look like an immature idiot.

There may also be people fellow members on here that feel disrespected by poorly chosen comments.
The only people creating toxicity are the over sensitive ones like you who can't handle a person's opinion without taking offence and now starting to hurl insults at people. This is an inanimate object, not a person.

In order for a person to think, they must risk being offensive. I mean take a look at what you just said? You certainly have no problem labeling people who dislike this statue,, as homophobic and dumb in pursuit of your truth and belief. Why do you get to do that? If anything you are worse by definition, because you are insulting us, human people, not a peice of stone.

Learn the word hypocrisy before commenting.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:32 AM   #286
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
The only people creating toxicity are the over sensitive ones like you who can't handle a person's opinion without taking offence and now starting to hurl insults at people. This is an inanimate object, not a person.

In order for a person to think, they must risk being offensive. I mean take a look at what you just said? You certainly have no problem labeling people who dislike this statue,, as homophobic and dumb in pursuit of your truth and belief. Why do you get to do that? If anything you are worse by definition, because you are insulting us, human people, not a peice of stone.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion. There are mature ways of stating opinions that are appropriate and respectful for a public forum. I am not a big fan of the facial features of this piece, but labelling it as "tranny" is in bad taste and offensive. It would be more appropriate to say the facial features may be more consistent with what generally men have as facial features. In adding to that, her face is not consistent with what these people would find as attractive, therefore their reason for not liking the piece.

With that being said, looking more and more at this piece, I hate the face less. I still think I would have preferred a softer face, but we still don't know if an alternate portrait will be available. I'm still at a "maybe" on this one, especially with rising prices and being an international collector, pieces really need to blow me away to be a day 1 preorder.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #287
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post

Well said. I'm far from a sjw, but this needed to be said.

Quote:
Scared indeed. Wouldn't know what she's hiding if she looked like that. By all means, you go ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Yes "scared" is the good word but not in the way you think
You guys are funny hehe. Oh I will!!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #288
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think she looks great and will be ordering. I don't understand the negative comments on this piece. Just don't see it.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #289
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

Yeaaah, I'm going to have to say "no" to this. The ones making it toxic are people like yourself. Who don't take responsibility for what they say. Instead blaming the people who are "over sensitive". You mean the ones who have tact and are decent, I'd say.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #290
shakex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just need to see the rear and it's a done deal! Also need an Art Print to go with it.
shakex is offline   Reply With Quote