Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-05-2020, 01:49 AM   #21
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I can pick XM apart for all the 1/4 scale characters they could've done too.
Luke Cage
Shang Chi
Falcon
War Machine
Hobgoblin
Silver Sable
Prowler
Hydro Man
Nick Fury(any version)
Mockingbird
Wonder Man
Dazzler
Hercules
Odin
Loki
Hela
Mephisto
Nova
Abomination
The Leader
Absorbing Man
…and the list goes on

XM deserves credit for what they've done but the whole narrative about them doing the characters other companies won't do is really outdated. They've already done multiple Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Phoenix, Iron Man and Magneto statues and they haven't even been around all that long.
Exactly, they haven't even been around that long and already have dug far deeper into Marvel's characters than sideshow has. Give them another 10 years and I'm sure many on your list will get done. What's sideshow's excuse? They've had the 1/4 Marvel license for around 15 years and pissed it away on mostly rehashed characters.

As far as XM rehashing characters...all of Marvel's popular characters will get revisits from any company that pays for a Marvel license. Popular characters pay the bills and add profits. However, there can be no denying that XM has dug deeper into Marvel's roster in a far shorter time, even with the rehashed characters they've done.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:09 AM   #22
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Yea I'm not sure why ppl jump on XM's you know what. They do good statues yes, and they do characters SS has not yet done, but they also charge you $300 + more for there statues.

And since we are derailing this thread and going off topic it seems lol, I would like to add that I would like any cosmic characters. A Modern Nova for sure, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, etc. Maybe Galactus & His Heralds.
I'm not an XM fanboy. I have 38 sideshow statues and 3 XM pieces. I am very hesitant to pull the trigger on an XM statue only because of shipping costs. Sideshow's pricing has increased substantially the last few years. The major difference now in pricing basically boils down to shipping costs. Hell, a small character like Logan with a small and simple base costs almost $600. The Juggernaut MAQ is 1/5 scale and sideshow slapped a $1400 price tag on it. This has become an expensive hobby no matter what company you buy your 1/4 statues from.

To bring this all back on topic though, a collector will have to turn to Iron Studios or XM if they want a licensed 1/4 Weapon X statue in their collection. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for sideshow to make one. I do hope I'm wrong though. I'm sure a Harbottle or Canale Weapon X PF would be a sight to behold.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #23
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Exactly, they haven't even been around that long and already have dug far deeper into Marvel's characters than sideshow has. Give them another 10 years and I'm sure many on your list will get done. What's sideshow's excuse? They've had the 1/4 Marvel license for around 15 years and pissed it away on mostly rehashed characters.

As far as XM rehashing characters...all of Marvel's popular characters will get revisits from any company that pays for a Marvel license. Popular characters pay the bills and add profits. However, there can be no denying that XM has dug deeper into Marvel's roster in a far shorter time, even with the rehashed characters they've done.
I mean you do have a good point, and as a fan if you want a character SS hasn't done, and XM does it, that makes you happy, I get it.

But from a business standpoint, how does making odd characters the mass public won't buy make any sense? Even if you have a limited print run of 300 or less, I can only imaging the costs that go into hiring a sculptor, getting the sample, mass producing, etc. Do the costs of that really recoup themselves? If the answer is no, then it's not worth it from a business standpoint. You keep doing that over the years, and your gonna run your company into a hole.

So in that aspect, from SS standpoint, I get it. Make only statues of characters you know will sell, and make profits. HOPEFULLY you would think some of those profits might lead them to taking a risk on a not very popular character once in a while, and digging into the non mainstream characters a bit more often, but who knows.

You said it yourself, SS has had the license for what 15 years? And guess how they continue to make statues moving forward? By not making a bunch of money losers and running their company into the ground. Just my opinion.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:00 PM   #24
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Time to close this thread... and it only took 4 years!
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:14 PM   #25
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Congrats!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:57 PM   #26
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Same can be said for DKR Batman.
Woah it happened too. This thread is magical.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:58 PM   #27
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Somehow, someway Sideshow has pulled me back in. First Dazzler (until we see sculpt) and now this! There’s no way they can screw this up. They have done so many versions of Wolverine this one should be a home run. Good job sideshow.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:59 PM   #28
SDguy

Ooooor... leave it open, and post more requests in the magical wish thread?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:05 PM   #29
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Ooooor... leave it open, and post more requests in the magical wish thread?
Right. Like Riddler is just going to show up out of nowhere tomorrow....
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:35 PM   #30
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Right. Like Riddler is just going to show up out of nowhere tomorrow....
perhaps Talia will. lol

one can hope

Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote