Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #21921
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
It's pretty hard to miss, but I guess it comes down to whether you like those things. I was torn on them in the moment, but they managed to take me out of the film, so I consider it a negative. I'll wait for a blu ray to watch it again and maybe I'll feel differently knowing that they're coming.
I meant noticed how "desperate" they came off. Yeah, all those scenes did was take me out of the movie.

I prefer when easter egss and call backs are more subtle and don't stop the pacing of the film.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #21922
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I meant noticed how "desperate" they came off. Yeah, all those scenes did was take me out of the movie.

I prefer when easter egss and call backs are more subtle and don't stop the pacing of the film.
Ah well, that's just my (and your apparently) way of seeing it. It came across that way. Like the stuff was shoehorned in at the last minute to make the nerds cream themselves. It worked, so I'm definitely in the minority. High five.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #21923
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I thought the easter eggs were really well done in rogue one, they never took me out of the experience at all and didnt seem forced but I guess thats just me lol

I felt they were much more forced in TFA, TFA as a whole was just one big easter egg for ANH
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #21924
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I thought the easter eggs were really well done in rogue one, they never took me out of the experience at all and didnt seem forced but I guess thats just me lol

I felt they were much more forced in TFA, TFA as a whole was just one big easter egg for ANH
I am curious. If you don't mind, could you explain further in the Rogue One spoiler thread how TFA's easter eggs were more glaring than R1's? Because I don't agree at all but would like to know how others view this.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #21925
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Don't Breathe: 8/10 - I wasn't expecting much from this one but I really enjoyed it. If you can suspend belief, it was a pretty nerve racking and sinister tale. Just don't watch the preview first as it gives way too much off the plot away. Far fetched, gruesome, and more than a little nasty, but if you turn out the lights and just enjoy the ride it's a good Friday night freak out !!
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #21926
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Guys not to sound like an ass but this is a thread for posting your non spoiler review/rating. There is two threads on Rogue One. One for those who have not seen the movie and one for those who have. Can you please continue all discussions on Rogue One in one or either of those threads. Thanks.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #21927
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Guys not to sound like an ass but this is a thread for posting your non spoiler review/rating. There is two threads on Rogue One. One for those who have not seen the movie and one for those who have. Can you please continue all discussions on Rogue One in one or either of those threads. Thanks.
Agreed, that's why I requested he posted his thoughts in the R1 thread if he decided to reply to my question.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #21928
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Girl with all the gifts. 7/10

Small budget but enjoyable.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #21929
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Blood Father (2016) - An ex-con reunites with his estranged wayward 17-year old daughter to protect her from drug dealers who are trying to kill her.

Mel Gibson isn't bad in this Taken-type of movie, but there's nothing new here. 6/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #21930
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It's a good thing no one is doing anything wrong then.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote