Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #211
crazy_legs03
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
It doesnt matter if Cheetara came out first...everyone would have still been upset and complained that without Tygra and Panthro its not complete.

In a way its best that its just Lion-O and Mumm-Ra as those two can stand alone...if it was Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and just Cheetara it would look really weird
Its a shame the line had to be dropped, but your spot on that both Lion-O and Mumm-Ra can stand alone without the rest of the crew.
crazy_legs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #212
Mumm-ra
Doh!

Jerry,

Thanks for giving it your best shot. Saddened to hear that the line is no more. Really love them.

Would there be any possibility in the future to do dioramas? Mumm-ra vs Lion-o, Panthro vs Slythe etc. Not sure what your previous license permitted.

They would look awesome.
Mumm-ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #213
leplant
Deadman

Very disappointed that the line was cancelled. It baffles me that there isn't a wide enough customer base, to support the continuation of this line.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #214
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Oh wow, bad news here, thought I can see the whole line, many Jerry can do more street fighter now.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #215
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Μost Thundercats fans are over 30 years old...The '80s are the best Cats. So I think not having a great younger fan-base may be one reason...and in a way I think that poor Panthro is cursed.

...and what about street fighter? Sagat is still up there without being released in so many pieces as far as I understand. A few ultra-dedicated fans do not represent the hole trend. Both lines have incredible statues but from my point of view it has to do with economy (the global economy dives and the prices...well are a bit pricey) and secondly I also think that maybe (at least with Thundercats) the scale could be a bit smaller (1/5 maybe?). I mean Lion-O and Mumm are huge and in general our space limits are not that large.

There is of course the "far too many statues to pick out there" factor...but this is the third explanation regarding promotion and succesful advertisement. Don't get me wrong but I think (don't know why, maybe I am wrong...I 'm too noob in all these) that PCS is more of a "limited access club" than a company open to more people...and we can discuss about that as much as you like...

Last edited by Kadmos777; 10-05-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: street fighter off topic etc
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #216
murdocke
Frackin!

I just bought Mumm-ra and Lion-o exclusives last month. I bought them knowing they were going to continue to make more. I'm disappointed there won't be anymore, but I'm glad I got these two guys now and I'll look forward to the MOTU.
murdocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #217
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Shouldn't Sideshow have to pay a NRD cancelation fee to its customers? LOL

I mean if I have to pay NRD fees to preorder would'nt it be nice for them to have to pay us if they cancel? This is the first time I have had a cancelation so I will let this one slide but the next one is on them!!!

Just a thought...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #218
Do or do not
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This is sad news. Just reading about it now. I'm happy I own both Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Cheetara & Panthro would have been great too.

Jerry, do you plan on selling any prototypes to the board? Also, can you share with the board any final photos that would have been used for Panthro/Cheetara, etc? (not sure if these questions have been answered)
Do or do not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #219
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Another blow for the Thundercats fans, i had high hopes for this line, some time ago we were discussing about extra characters like Slythe or jaga being made...but now we will have to make do with Lion-O and Mamm-ra.

I am sure Jerry did everything he could to provide us with Tygra but it's not up to him...

After Hard Hero, PCS has put an end to its Thundercata line, my guess is that the NS disappointment has affected every aspect of the franchise...

But Thundercats is/will ever be Thundercats and people will love them, no matter what.

Thank you for offering us these two great pieces Jerry, i am happy and proud for owing them!!
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #220
cgdc
The Herculoids

I wonder if Mezco will cancel their line too?

They are not statues, but not bad for rotocast figures.
cgdc is offline   Reply With Quote