Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #81
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I like it, it's like a bad ass Little Mermaid reinvison. All you need now is a mermaid and Sea Witch to go alongside it

I will point out though he looks too stiff holding his trident perfectly vertical. The scale of the dolphins also gives the illusion they're too small, as opposed to Poseidon is really big.
Lol..

Yes his tritant can be angled slightly forward (10 degrees or so). Imo the dolphins are just there for fluffing, when too big they will distract from the character (whole flow of statue).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #82
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I like it, it's like a bad ass Little Mermaid re-envision. All you need now is a mermaid and Sea Witch to go alongside it

I will point out though he looks too stiff holding his trident perfectly vertical. The scale of the dolphins also gives the illusion they're too small, as opposed to Poseidon is really big.
Poseidon is an Olympian God not a human being. The ancient Greeks viewed their Gods as quite bigger than human beings so the scale is quite accurate according to the ancients' beliefs
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #83
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Poseidon is an Olympian God not a human being. The ancient Greeks viewed their Gods as quite bigger than human beings so the scale is quite accurate according to the ancients' beliefs
If those are supposed to be regular dolphins, I'd hate to see how big Poseidon is going to end up being if this is printed in 1/4 scale like the rest of the line.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #84
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I like Poseidon, hate the Dolphins.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #85
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
I know that. You misinterpreted what I said. Allow me to rephrase.

The dolphins aren't making Poseidon look any bigger to me, they just look like undersized dolphins.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #86
dechirico7
The Flash

Hopefully they remove the fins on his legs. It is kind of corny. Otherwise I like where it is going. If these statues were made of polystone I would be more willing to purchase them. I didn't really care for the resin used on Cleopatra.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #87
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I like Poseidon, hate the Dolphins.
The more I look at the piece, the more I agree. He would look better without the dolphins. ARH should make smaller bases. Keep them as ornate but smaller.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #88
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I like the dolphins. If I remember correctly, the dolphin is kind of Poseidon's symbol. He's normally depicted with a dolphin and his trident.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #89
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Hopefully they remove the fins on his legs. It is kind of corny. Otherwise I like where it is going. If these statues were made of polystone I would be more willing to purchase them. I didn't really care for the resin used on Cleopatra.
What are his statues made with then? I thought all these major statues were done in polystone?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #90
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I'd love to know how you're able to differentiate between a statue made of "resin" and one of "polystone" Do you subject your statues to some kind of sophisticated chemical analysis in a private lab? Resin/polystone are pretty much the same thing. Both are a type of plastic with virtually identical properties.

I think you mean that Celopatra felt hollow? A lot of the newer Sideshow statues are hollow as well. Every "high end" statue company pretty much uses the same type of materials and techniques to produce their statues. Though some smaller companies use sub par Styrofoam
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote