Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #121
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Beating a dead horse here, but I'd sure like to see some more DC even if preorders are a long time off. I'm really itching to buy the XM Aquaman and Flash, but if the Oniri ones are as good as the Superman, I'd like to wait for them.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #122
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Beating a dead horse here, but I'd sure like to see some more DC even if preorders are a long time off. I'm really itching to buy the XM Aquaman and Flash, but if the Oniri ones are as good as the Superman, I'd like to wait for them.
Totally agree. I want to get into this line because I love what I see so far with this Superman but I need to see more to commit. Considering there is no SDCC, the community is going to need some concept art at the very least.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:24 AM   #123
iguana
Blue Falcon

I feel like you can much better get in contact with them via their Collectors Group on FB. it seems in here they are not very active ...

Feel the same for the berserk line, hope they reveal more in the future soon so I must not depend on P1's line anymore....
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #124
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think Oniri like Tsume have a very focused direction and idea about what a statue is going to be so they don't really release sneaks they just show the finished product.

So i wouldn't wait in hope of sneaks.

I think Oniris concepts and art direction if you look over all their statues so far is so good...i'd like to think we can all put a little trust int hem making something worth the wait.

But i would say that might be the difference, the wait. XM will probably have a full DC 1/6 line up produced by the time Oniri have probably got Superman out and have another 1 up for order.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #125
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I think Oniri like Tsume have a very focused direction and idea about what a statue is going to be so they don't really release sneaks they just show the finished product.

I think Oniris concepts and art direction if you look over all their statues so far is so good...i'd like to think we can all put a little trust int hem making something worth the wait.

But i would say that might be the difference, the wait. XM will probably have a full DC 1/6 line up produced by the time Oniri have probably got Superman out and have another 1 up for order.

Personally I prefer waiting as long as the result is great. IMO badest thing you can do is buy one licence after another, reveal one new character after another and then you suck on time management and quality highly drops or you can wait even longer cause they can't produce in time....
Old 05-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #126
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Maybe they’ll show something in the SDCC Online event?
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #127
khrisc
The X-Men

just kinda sucks they were active here before when they wanted our money for orders..and now not even a single reply even if it is just saying we cant show you yet or whatever.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #128
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

That's kind of the tough spot for me. I love the XM Flash and Aquaman. I fear they will be both long out of stock before the Oniri ones are revealed. Also 1 a year works out to about 12 years just to get the ones they teased done. That's too long of a timeline even for statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
Personally I prefer waiting as long as the result is great. IMO badest thing you can do is buy one licence after another, reveal one new character after another and then you suck on time management and quality highly drops or you can wait even longer cause they can't produce in time....
I certainly don't want them to rush and do a bad job. I just wouldn't mind seeing some renders, or if they are going to do comic covers like the Superman, it would be nice to know what at least a few of those covers are. Also, taking their time is one thing, but taking a decade to get a JL is another. I'm just hoping the pace ends up being 3-4 per year instead of 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
just kinda sucks they were active here before when they wanted our money for orders..and now not even a single reply even if it is just saying we cant show you yet or whatever.
Yeah, I kind of thought that too. As soon as the initial preorder rush was over they kind of disappeared. I did join their FB group, but it's not very active either. Of course there is a lot going on right now.

Hopefully we see some exciting news soon.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:57 AM   #129
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
That's kind of the tough spot for me. I love the XM Flash and Aquaman. I fear they will be both long out of stock before the Oniri ones are revealed. Also 1 a year works out to about 12 years just to get the ones they teased done. That's too long of a timeline even for statues.

I certainly don't want them to rush and do a bad job. I just wouldn't mind seeing some renders, or if they are going to do comic covers like the Superman, it would be nice to know what at least a few of those covers are. Also, taking their time is one thing, but taking a decade to get a JL is another. I'm just hoping the pace ends up being 3-4 per year instead of 1.

Yeah, I kind of thought that too. As soon as the initial preorder rush was over they kind of disappeared. I did join their FB group, but it's not very active either. Of course there is a lot going on right now.

Hopefully we see some exciting news soon.
Yeah, I totally understand. Guess a reason could be that they have a waaay smaller team than XM or P1 by example. It seems if a company buys a licence they are not bound on time and can reveal/release it whenever they want. For example allegedly p1 has the licence for Dark Souls (or it was Demon Souls) since a long time if we believe some collectors but they never done statues for the line....
Old 05-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #130
built2shred
Phoenix

It's probably tougher for smaller companies right now as I don't think any of the factories are at 100% due to the virus. I imagine the bigger companies are getting preference.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote