Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
firestorm
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Cool A ? About Glosscote...

I've got a Black Bolt minibust with an uneven coating of paint coverage ranging from flat and dull in some spots to a semigloss and even glossy coverage in other spots... I'm thinking of using Testor's Glosscote Lacquer in spray form to give it an all-around evenness of gloss coverage in the bust's appearance... after a few days, I plan to use 4 O's fine sanding padding to even out any high spots after the glosscote misting job I'm planning... what do you think?... recommended, or not?... opinions please... I've done models before, so I know what I'm doing and have had good results before, but I've never done this kind of coverage on a minibust... let me know what you think... of course, the exposed facial area and base will be masked off to keep those areas dull and flat, preventing any gloss coverage...
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Danno
Paint Master
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
I've got a Black Bolt minibust with an uneven coating of paint coverage ranging from flat and dull in some spots to a semigloss and even glossy coverage in other spots... I'm thinking of using Testor's Glosscote Lacquer in spray form to give it an all-around evenness of gloss coverage in the bust's appearance... after a few days, I plan to use 4 O's fine sanding padding to even out any high spots after the glosscote misting job I'm planning... what do you think?... recommended, or not?... opinions please... I've done models before, so I know what I'm doing and have had good results before, but I've never done this kind of coverage on a minibust... let me know what you think... of course, the exposed facial area and base will be masked off to keep those areas dull and flat, preventing any gloss coverage...
I don't see a problem, but I have not had much luck in the way of canned gloss coats. They spray much thicker than something like Dullcote and tend to leave a "pebbled" surface. If you have an airbrush, try spraying Future Floor finish over the bust (after everything is masked off) for a nice even spray coverage.

http://www.picturetrail.com/dannodaman
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote