Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old Today, 01:42 PM   #451
Gollum
The Herculoids

This forum is getting heated

90% is impossible unless you spend way more than these production pieces for an artist to do you a one of a kind piece

Expecting that sort of of accuracy isn’t going to happen even Madame Tussaud’s can’t get that kind of accuracy and they are life size you may think it’s 90% but most cases it’s not and that’s ok

It shouldn’t matter it’s all about making you happy and if collecting isn’t making you happy and your always looking for faults and perfection you’ll never be satisfied or happy with anything

Some actors/actresses are easier to do some are really hard

Please enjoy this hobby and if you don’t like a statue don’t buy and please don’t try to put off collectors who really love the statue but don’t because of horrible comments made in these forums

I will never buy anything I don’t love only collect what you love and please be nice to one another
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:55 PM   #452
Forps is back
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
This forum is getting heated

90% is impossible unless you spend way more than these production pieces for an artist to do you a one of a kind piece

Expecting that sort of of accuracy isn?t going to happen even Madame Tussaud?s can?t get that kind of accuracy and they are life size you may think it?s 90% but most cases it?s not and that?s ok

It shouldn?t matter it?s all about making you happy and if collecting isn?t making you happy and your always looking for faults and perfection you?ll never be satisfied or happy with anything

Some actors/actresses are easier to do some are really hard

Please enjoy this hobby and if you don?t like a statue don?t buy and please don?t try to put off collectors who really love the statue but don?t because of horrible comments made in these forums

I will never buy anything I don?t love only collect what you love and please be nice to one another
Another good post.

I agree, but i believe that the hobby is now in this deep s..t (other hobbies have also problems, but this one is in a grave condition) due to sugarcoating.

Saying to collectors "ok, pay 2k or 3.5k for double pack and if the likeness is not good, well, accept it. Or else you are whiners or losers" is crazy.

How Infinity Studios got a >90% likeness in their Mera and Catwoman LSBs and at <3999d and JND cannot achieve it? And mind you, if Infinity followed JND's pricing, it should sell its LSBs at 6k.

Guys, this is not a Reeves PFF costing 595 bucks and having 40% likeness. This costs MULTIPLE times more.

But the most outrageous thing is JND pushers trying to convince us that JND achieves likeness.

For an example, that Harley 1/3 has a 40% likeness (something i would expect from Sideshow) @ 2k!!!

And i don't want to hear apologists saying

"i showed this JND to my cousin who doesn't collect and he immediately recognized Reeves or Margot".

Well, even if you showed Sideshow's Reeves PFF to an outsider, he could recognize the actor.

If you accept SUBPAR likeness or quality at 2k or 3k, then companies see this and think

"They are casuals (or even idi..s). We can sell them anything at any insane price".

NO, my friends. This must stop now. In order to ask for insane prices, you MUST deliver excellent product.

Or else accept the critique and not "cry" or go on social media saying that whoever complains is a "whiner" or a "loser".

I haven't seen a co...er company than JND (or have i? lol)
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #453
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Well, well, well.

One of JND's first fanboys. Sometimes he tries to play it differently but he can't fool us.

This argument (do not write if you don't like it) is the same argument that other guys used in the past. And it didn't end well for humanity.

ALL collectors have the RIGHT to express their opinion. JND pushers nowadays (XM's pushers back in the days) must accept it.Or you want to live in an echo chamber?

This behaviour (banning of different opinions, belittling collectors who don't like JND's products or even JND's ----..ness) is what brought this hobby to its dire condition today.

This is not a JND group to only allow 1 opinion. This is an OPEN forum.

Accept different opinions, stop fangirling and pushing JND's agenda and LET OTHER PEOPLE express their opinion. Democracy lesson delivered
You're not expressing an opinion, you're on a crusade - and anyone who disagrees is labled a fanboy - as if that's something to be ashamed of - here's the thing, as long as I'm spending my money I don't care or want your opinion on my choices, I'm sure that's the same for everyone else.

I have no issue with your dislike of JND or any other company, I just don't need it shoved down my throat....and as for your condescension regarding what is or isn't "art" - to call it laughable is really giving that drivel more credit than it's worth.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #454
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Another good post.

I agree, but i believe that the hobby is now in this deep s..t (other hobbies have also problems, but this one is in a grave condition) due to sugarcoating.

Saying to collectors "ok, pay 2k or 3.5k for double pack and if the likeness is not good, well, accept it. Or else you are whiners or losers" is crazy.

How Infinity Studios got a >90% likeness in their Mera and Catwoman LSBs and at <3999d and JND cannot achieve it? And mind you, if Infinity followed JND's pricing, it should sell its LSBs at 6k.

Guys, this is not a Reeves PFF costing 595 bucks and having 40% likeness. This costs MULTIPLE times more.

But the most outrageous thing is JND pushers trying to convince us that JND achieves likeness.

For an example, that Harley 1/3 has a 40% likeness (something i would expect from Sideshow) @ 2k!!!

And i don't want to hear apologists saying

"i showed this JND to my cousin who doesn't collect and he immediately recognized Reeves or Margot".

Well, even if you showed Sideshow's Reeves PFF to an outsider, he could recognize the actor.

If you accept SUBPAR likeness or quality at 2k or 3k, then companies see this and think

"They are casuals (or even idi..s). We can sell them anything at any insane price".

NO, my friends. This must stop now. In order to ask for insane prices, you MUST deliver excellent product.

Or else accept the critique and not "cry" or go on social media saying that whoever complains is a "whiner" or a "loser".

I haven't seen a co...er company than JND (or have i? lol)
Who are these mysterious JND pushers, you keep droning on about? There's literally NO ONE telling you to like or buy their statues you madman. You come into the thread pushing your anti JND rubbish, and anyone who disagrees is labelled a fanboy and a "JND pusher".....it's beyond ironic.

Do you know what a "whiner" is? It's literally YOU. Why do you care if someone wants to spend money on this statue - what the f@*k does it have to do with you?.....why can't someone enjoy the forum without lunatics like you brow beating them about their choice.

I own the JND Harley - I think it looks exactly like M.Robbie - you repeating again and again that it's 40% doesn't change my view - I have no issue if you think so, but do I need to read that opinion more than once? - rhetorical question, the answer is "no"! If you hate it so much, sell it to someone who can appreciate it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:52 PM   #455
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think this is an outstanding piece of work. This dual set is my first JND purchase. Nothing else has come close to this as an overall finished piece honoring Chris Reeve's portrayal of the character.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reeve.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	170351  
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:41 PM   #456
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I think this is an outstanding piece of work. This dual set is my first JND purchase. Nothing else has come close to this as an overall finished piece honoring Chris Reeve's portrayal of the character.
I think it's a "generally" very good/great likeness of Reeve.

The only thing that bugs me is the chin/jaw now (and to a lesser extent the length of the nose).

I think it is a problem with this new sculpt, that becomes even more noticeable with the duo version, as the Clark structure in this area is totally different, and far more correct and on-point.

Does it kill the likeness? No. It just fails to make it as strong as it could/should be. And it becomes more apparent in the more expensive version of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sup rounded jaw.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	170352   Click image for larger version

Name:	sup sqrjaw.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	378.6 KB
ID:	170353  
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote