Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-08-2018, 03:27 AM   #61
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I'm copying my post that I made on page 2 that I think no one read because it was way too long, but I'll bold the part that I think is germane to this discussion:

I think that one post they made about future variants may have done more harm than good. I don't think it's realistic to expect Prime 1 to let us know well in advance of any variants being made because sometimes some are actually conceived well after the initial offering is released, which appears to be the case with both Guts and Lady Maria.

I also think the existence of that post has also made fan outrage even worse when things like this happen, because the post created a (fleeting) sense of trust between Prime 1 and its customers that we would not go through things like this again.

I love the products, but I do have to say that I'm disappointed with some of the ways Prime 1 does business, including these latest variants (as well as inflating the ES of the new Jetfire Prime in China after the initial preorder). I get that variants help Prime 1 tackle more niche subject matter like Isidro, Grunbeld, etc., but there has to be a better way to roll these out than they have been.

Them being exclusive to China and me finding them less desirable than the original statues I own don't change that for me. In fact, the China-exclusive thing disappoints me more, as the Puck exclusive to Wonder Festival and the Bloodborne poster exclusive to Japan disappointed me (and I say that as someone who was in a position to get both). I don't want any customers to feel like they're less important than others, and that's the feeling I get with things like this.

In short, I love Prime 1's stuff, and I hope they can find a way to evolve their business so that every customer can feel like they're valued by the company. No one paying as much as we do for these frivolous items should have to go through this as often as we do.
I agree with most of the things you said, but not about Guts. I think that there was nothing conceived there, apart of the plan to sell more. They just trew a bunch of blood to the statue. Honestely, I believe that they put this up to pre order, saw the success and then tought " let put some blood on it and release some more" the other one said " wait, but will not people complain that we increased the ES?" " that is true, so make Asian exclusive" BINGO
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:16 AM   #62
Atheris
The Maxx

Who cares...

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:44 AM   #63
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Who cares...

Chris
Their love children don't, that's for sure.

Someone from p1 could fart, and you'd still be there saying it smells like roses.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #64
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Their love children don't, that's for sure.

Someone from p1 could fart, and you'd still be there saying it smells like roses.
With their QC, I wouldn't doubt they could make it happen.

P1 raising the bar for statues and flatulence.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #65
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not defending P1 and it's variants, but I will say this. Literally every other statue company I can think of (Sideshow, P1, Tweeterhead, Bowen, Koto, ARH, PCS, Yamato, etc.) does variants. Every single one, with the exception of XM.

So, while I understand and sympathize with the frustration on variants (trust me, Sideshow has suckered me multiple times by releasing superior variants later), it's unfortunately the norm with almost all statue companies.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #66
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not defending P1 and it's variants, but I will say this. Literally every other statue company I can think of (Sideshow, P1, Tweeterhead, Bowen, Koto, ARH, PCS, Yamato, etc.) does variants. Every single one, with the exception of XM.

So, while I understand and sympathize with the frustration on variants (trust me, Sideshow has suckered me multiple times by releasing superior variants later), it's unfortunately the norm with almost all statue companies.
Ecc? They make the most exclusive statues period and never rerelease stuff, even the preorder window is very short compared to anyone else (though you pay the price for such exclusivity!)
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #67
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Ecc? They make the most exclusive statues period and never rerelease stuff, even the preorder window is very short compared to anyone else (though you pay the price for such exclusivity!)
Oh, IDK. Don't pay attention to them and have never ordered as they are way out of my price and size range.

I'm sure there are exceptions, I was just naming the companies I know a little about.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #68
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'm more sick of movie variants than statue variants.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #69
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
With their QC, I wouldn't doubt they could make it happen.

P1 raising the bar for statues and flatulence.

Chris
Keeping it classy as always...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #70
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I'm more sick of movie variants than statue variants.
I hate movie variants... and endless remakes
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote