Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 01-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
Underdog07
Hercules

In other news, Mount Carmel children now afraid to take bubble baths . . .
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

It's not bubble guns that shoot bubbles it's people.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
MrYac
Hercules

nothing new, zero tolerance is just about the dumbest thing anybody could've ever dreamed up. my personal favorite is still always going to be the kid that got suspended for holding his fish stick like a gun at lunch a few years back
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

i learned a new word from the article..."terroristic"
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
MrYac
Hercules

i personally think we're all focused on the wrong thing here, instead of the little girl with the gun we should focus on the little whistleblower who apparently went to school and said "she said she was gonna shoot me with bubbles"
Old 01-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
Underdog07
Hercules

Groupon offers discount on terrorist training camp

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-gazi...-bubble-show-6
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #17
michaelgloch
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm really starting to have serious doubts that it's not the 'young generation' that are the ones lacking in common sense and intelligence.

What would have happened if she'd punched or hit the other girl? Following this logic she would have been expelled forever from every school in the country, and probably been arrested at gunpoint to boot.

Might have to taze her a few times because she's clearly such a threat.
michaelgloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #18
risingstar
Jedi Order

We didn't have helicopter moms like this growing up. It's astounding. I'm part of my daughter school's parent's committee. I'm amazed at how some of these whacko moms think and behave. They want to control everything, i.e., how kids talk, how and what they eat, what they wear, what music they should listen to, and they want enforce reprimands for even the slightest verbal disagreements between kids. Even competitive sports is being looked at as these moms want everyone to win all the time. It's incredible. The dads in the room, including myself, were thinking we were stuck in an Orwell novel. These moms want any and every possible instance of conflict to be extinguished. They want "happy" 24/7.

What these moms don't realize is that kids learn a lot through conflict. By taking away these vital learning experiences, they're stunting their growth. Some of these kids are going to be eaten alive in ther real world as the real world does not live within these Utopian ideals where everyone loves and trusts each other all the time. In my opinion, many of these moms need to work out their own unresolved issues with their own parents as opposed to working through these issues by painstakingly creating this perfect world for their kids where nothing is ever allowed to go wrong.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #19
MrYac
Hercules

not exactly related but going on the crazy over parenting that RS is saying my friend teaches an after school art program at a couple elementary schools around here and she keeps telling me weird things like the teachers getting angry at kids for saying things like darn, heck or today one kid got in trouble for saying "dag nabit" just insanity, these are the things we teach them to say so they don't swear in the first place
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #20
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not exactly related but going on the crazy over parenting that RS is saying my friend teaches an after school art program at a couple elementary schools around here and she keeps telling me weird things like the teachers getting angry at kids for saying things like darn, heck or today one kid got in trouble for saying "dag nabit" just insanity, these are the things we teach them to say so they don't swear in the first place
I'm a teacher and I judge most words on their context. If they're directed at another student in a negative manner, I'll intervene, otherwise I'm more than likely just to ignore. The most annoying thing is when kids tell me "so and so said so and so" because I'm forced into a position of having to "deal with it"
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote