Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (SPOILERS)

Just read on Empire that this has got the go ahead.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35011

Synopsis:

Quote:
About the Show
Joss Whedon (MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows us not all heroes are super with MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet—the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). Their initial investigations lead them to civilian computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).
Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual—of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents—that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.
Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Last edited by Bullseye; 05-11-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Will be interesting to see if any of the characters from the films will be in this. Don't see how they could do this without Fury at the very least but I'll be shocked to see Sam Jackson tied to a television series.

This could prove to be a great way to introduce secondary characters such as Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, T'Challa, Wanda Maximoff, Vision and maybe even Doctor Strange.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

I hope the Members of the Howling Commandos from the Cap Movie are shown as Agents of Shield. Especially Dum Dum.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

^ that would be cool.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
abarron
Batman

This could be awesome
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
This could be awesome
Could be, but will it? I'm not very excited yet, need to hear more about it. I mean, Sam Jackson most likely won't be involved, and he is S.H.I.E.L.D. Maria Hill is his second in command and she's currently on another series (well, the actress that plays her is), lastly Agent Coulson is going to be unavailable. So... what's this series about??
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

They could set it pre-avengers so Coulson could make an appearance. I'd love for them to use the current movie characters. I'm sure Marvel/ABC could afford to pay Sam for a tv series.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Could be, but will it? I'm not very excited yet, need to hear more about it. I mean, Sam Jackson most likely won't be involved, and he is S.H.I.E.L.D. Maria Hill is his second in command and she's currently on another series (well, the actress that plays her is), lastly Agent Coulson is going to be unavailable. So... what's this series about??
Yep and what are shield going to be doing?

They could intoduce Hydra or Aim and have some bad guys in it and do it like a mini-avengers whitout the team but what would the budget be like?
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
They could set it pre-avengers so Coulson could make an appearance. I'd love for them to use the current movie characters. I'm sure Marvel/ABC could afford to pay Sam for a tv series.
I've heard this idea thrown around, but does that make sense for the series long term? As for Sam, maybe they could afford him, but would he want to do a weekly series? Because if they do the series with some other "unknown" S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and don't use many other heroes, it seems like it's just any other spy series. I'm very curious to see what the plan is.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
Yep and what are shield going to be doing?

They could intoduce Hydra or Aim and have some bad guys in it and do it like a mini-avengers whitout the team but what would the budget be like?
This is the $1,000,000 question. I doubt it will be big enough to make the type of series we'd all like to see (ie; Avengers as a weekly series) If they're planning on keeping it within the same unviverse movie/tv they need to make sure they blend well. The show can't look cheaper than the movies and still blend well, but they don't necessarily need to have an uber budget either. Guess we'll see.

On a side note, is the Hulk tv series from Guillermo Del Toro still happening, anyone know? Haven't heard anything lately.