Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-04-2018, 12:57 AM   #1211
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGold View Post
I’m getting this guy next week, should I post some pics or do a video review?
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80jdm View Post
Can we get some more love for this guy?!? Anybody got pics of the comic and movie together? More pics of the comic version!!!
Given that you do okay we'll let you pass with a video review.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #1212
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not blown away by it by any means, but I never really expected to be tbh. The likeness has never been there and it takes a lot to really wow me in this hobby now. I expected Sideshow quality and wanted it to look as close to the proto as possible and in that regard this is certainly a pass. For the price, I do think this is a lovely statue. But if Prime 1 wish to add that wow factor and make a 1/3 Urban with spot on likeness, I'm all ears... I'll give more thoughts and images on this once the head issue is resolved on mine. I am happy I have it though ultimately...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80jdm View Post
Can we get some more love for this guy?!? Anybody got pics of the comic and movie together? More pics of the comic version!!!
I agree, when I first opened this guy, I was kind of disappointed with the bland paint job and sure some things could have been better but after putting him inside my Besta with different lighting he really pops and overall I'm happy with this guy.

Heres my video review, I think any Dredd 2012 fan would like this statue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7P1eg-f1g

IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #1213
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I agree, when I first opened this guy, I was kind of disappointed with the bland paint job and sure some things could have been better but after putting him inside my Besta with different lighting he really pops and overall I'm happy with this guy.

Heres my video review, I think any Dredd 2012 fan would like this statue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7P1eg-f1g

Thanks for review so happy to have this in my collection.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #1214
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Thanks for review so happy to have this in my collection.
Awesome bud! congrats hes a nice piece . Now the question is will PCS ever make an Anderson to go with him?
Old 05-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #1215
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Nice review. I think they did a nice job on the fabric bits with sculpt. I'm a fan of mixed media when absolutely necessary and there is no way to sculpt, on this one I think fully sculpted is the way to go. All black outfits are best when they use different sheens (flat, gloss,satin,etc..) to break it up. I can't tell by the video if this is the case.

As digital sculpting and printing gets better, I hope to see more fully sculpted statues as long as it looks as good as cloth.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #1216
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Nice review. I think they did a nice job on the fabric bits with sculpt. I'm a fan of mixed media when absolutely necessary and there is no way to sculpt, on this one I think fully sculpted is the way to go. All black outfits are best when they use different sheens (flat, gloss,satin,etc..) to break it up. I can't tell by the video if this is the case.

As digital sculpting and printing gets better, I hope to see more fully sculpted statues as long as it looks as good as cloth.
Thanks bro, I prefer fully sculpted too however after seeing the 1:3 Ryu statues I'm warming up to more mixed media . I also think the sculpt on the PCS Dredd is abit flat, the movie Dredd with all that vest/shoulder padding made him look more bulky and fluffy compared to the sculpt. Don't get me wrong though the current sculpt still looks badass haha however man that gun holster is brickishly large hahaha.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #1217
qz33
Rescue

Dude you're good at images
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:58 PM   #1218
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Awesome bud! congrats hes a nice piece . Now the question is will PCS ever make an Anderson to go with him?
We will get an Anderson as confirmed by Ant but I highly doubt it will be from movie.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #1219
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Don't get me wrong though the current sculpt still looks badass haha however man that gun holster is brickishly large hahaha.
It's bad enough that they got it so wrong in the first place, but the fact that it was clearly pointed out to them and they said they would revise that but didn't is particularly aggravating.

And forget about a movie Anderson from them - that will never happen.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:30 AM   #1220
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Dude you're good at images
Haha nah bro, cutting and pasting a few images together isn't really anything good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
It's bad enough that they got it so wrong in the first place, but the fact that it was clearly pointed out to them and they said they would revise that but didn't is particularly aggravating.

And forget about a movie Anderson from them - that will never happen.
One can hope.