Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #721
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I didnt cancel my EX. I tried to but I'm not giving this company something for nothing. This will be my last order from them. I don't care if they offer a molds SWS 1:1 Predator full statue. Never ordering from them again.

I wouldn't worry about getting an EX. Everyone knows this thing is gonna go to back up for order. It's how this company now rolls. It's sold out, it's available, it's notify me when available. Sold out. Warehouse gem available. Sold out. 'Let me see what we have left'available. Sold out. Available on eBay for 45% off by the sorry bastard that paid full retail and can't get rid of it for anything close to what he paid. . . Come to think of it a $100 loss doesn't sound so bad after all.
I think I'm with you on this. I'm going to keep my order because I really want it, but on other stuff I wanted from PCS I'm going to wait and see. What's the worst that can happen? I pay a little mark-up? Otherwise I see it for less when people cancel their orders and they have to put up stock on the website to get rid of it.

I'll take my chances. They've only put out 5 statues I've wanted anyway.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #722
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think I'm with you on this. I'm going to keep my order because I really want it, but on other stuff I wanted from PCS I'm going to wait and see. What's the worst that can happen? I pay a little mark-up? Otherwise I see it for less when people cancel their orders and they have to put up stock on the website to get rid of it.

I'll take my chances. They've only put out 5 statues I've wanted anyway.
This is the new trend and part of why they are unable to issue refunds.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #723
Mister H
Gen 13

The new due date is Sept-Nov, right? Which means November basically. I don't mind waiting for this. I can imagine how great he will look in my office until then.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #724
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This is the new trend and part of why they are unable to issue refunds.

Are you saying people not pre-ordering is causing PCS to dig on not issuing refunds when they've broken they're own policy?

Sounds like poor allocation of funds.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #725
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I didnt cancel my EX. I tried to but I'm not giving this company something for nothing. This will be my last order from them. I don't care if they offer a molds SWS 1:1 Predator full statue. Never ordering from them again.

I wouldn't worry about getting an EX. Everyone knows this thing is gonna go to back up for order. It's how this company now rolls. It's sold out, it's available, it's notify me when available. Sold out. Warehouse gem available. Sold out. 'Let me see what we have left'available. Sold out. Available on eBay for 45% off by the sorry bastard that paid full retail and can't get rid of it for anything close to what he paid. . . Come to think of it a $100 loss doesn't sound so bad after all.
Yea I would like an EX but it's not a must have. I can get the regular from retailers when he starts shipping.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #726
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Yea I would like an EX but it's not a must have. I can get the regular from retailers when he starts shipping.
IMO, the regular is the best one.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #727
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Are you saying people not pre-ordering is causing PCS to dig on not issuing refunds when they've broken they're own policy?

Sounds like poor allocation of funds.
I'm saying they are having a cash flow problem plain and simple.

Sure a good number of customers used to go for the pay in full discount but many orders are likely on deposit or past due payment plans. After delays of the majority of their products for 2 years, subsequent cancels without reorders, and a scale back in new POs being offered they simply don't have the cash to give back.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #728
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:

Sure a good number of customers used to go for the pay in full discount but many orders are likely on deposit or past due payment plans. After delays of the majority of their products for 2 years, subsequent cancels without reorders, and a scale back in new POs being offered they simply don't have the cash to give back.
Gotcha, but honestly that means that somewhere in the system of the PCS business is a major issue. Whether it's that maybe his prices aren't matching the rising costs of production, or, maybe the new waitlist system will kinda smudge some of that out, which I have major questions about but I'll save that for the appropriate thread, is something that needs to be looked at hard.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #729
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:

They also have a from Prototype to Production turn around problem (which you mention in the second half)...which probably results in their cash flow problem. (if there is a "problem")
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #730
SONICobra
Batman

dredd is not pleased with all this cancellation talk

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote