Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #21
nolilia
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Got my shipping notice today.
nolilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #22
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Just not feeling the face, it just doesn't have enough fine detail in it for me. The variant version rocks.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #23
aeumuse
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marts View Post
Thanks for the pics Marts~

Guess having a different factory to do the painting does make a difference....I wonder why the change in art direction too.

I love the digital sculpt alot and prefer the more realistic painting style he had for the proto. Now he looks like he jumped right out of Cartoon Network, which is still cool in my books, but I can't decide if I like him that much now. This sculpt simply had so much potential in other paint directions....

Probably an earlier version,

Here's hoping I like him when I have him in hand.
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:28 AM   #24
statue-man
The Riddler

I'm waiting to I see it up close. I think the picture was done so close in, it looks distorted. I will hold thoughts till I get mine on Monday.
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #25
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
I'm waiting to I see it up close. I think the picture was done so close in, it looks distorted. I will hold thoughts till I get mine on Monday.
Yeah hard to tell with certainty but at least based on these pics I prefer the face sculpt Randy did on the variant.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

I love the variant!! I am happy that I decided for it instead of this one. I still want to see more pictures and maybe some comparison photos to be completely sure.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #27
aeumuse
Hydra

It's funny, the more I look at Marts' close up, the more he grows on me. My anticipation for this piece is back~

Hope to see more pics soon as I wait for mine from the local dealer
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #28
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I am so glad I got the variant instead.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #29
pdenham
Teen Titans

The problem with the variant, for me, is that focused on just the head, it looks great. Taken as a whole piece, however, the attitude in the face doesn't fit the attitude of the body. The face is enraged and animated, while the body is rigid and tensed.
I fully understand why more people seem to like the variant more. It's after all a far more traditional look for the character (face-wise). But i grew up with the Buscema issues in the mid to late 70's, and the reg version, while not perfect (main nit is the hair sculpting for me), it's still a fun representation of that artist and era.
And it has the added bonus of being unique and outside the box for this character in terms of the attitude being sculpted.
Scowling and annoyed...I love it!

also very happy to see the in hand pics hew closely to the sample pics in terms of color. The face does look not very detailed, but the long shots seem to be spot on to what was solicited. And it looks great in that Avengers line up!
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #30
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
The problem with the variant, for me, is that focused on just the head, it looks great. Taken as a whole piece, however, the attitude in the face doesn't fit the attitude of the body. The face is enraged and animated, while the body is rigid and tensed.
I fully understand why more people seem to like the variant more. It's after all a far more traditional look for the character (face-wise). But i grew up with the Buscema issues in the mid to late 70's, and the reg version, while not perfect (main nit is the hair sculpting for me), it's still a fun representation of that artist and era.
And it has the added bonus of being unique and outside the box for this character in terms of the attitude being sculpted.
Scowling and annoyed...I love it!

also very happy to see the in hand pics hew closely to the sample pics in terms of color. The face does look not very detailed, but the long shots seem to be spot on to what was solicited. And it looks great in that Avengers line up!
You stand in one place and get Hulk angry and yell at your loudest/meanest. I bet your body gets rigid and tense.