Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 09-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #31
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I can't imagine the size of the box and shipping cost if it was a change of torso.... Yikes
Sure SS pieces are so light nowadays the weight wouldn't be all that significant. I'm sure the material used to manufacture the original Hulk PF would make up 2-3 of these new PFs.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #32
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
You think that head seam is acceptable for a $550 collectible? Add the $95 shipping and the undoubted $100 plus imports mine had better be an improvement on what I have seen.

Quote:
Sure SS pieces are so light nowadays the weight wouldn't be all that significant. I'm sure the material used to manufacture the original Hulk PF would make up 2-3 of these new PFs.
All of which, I think, would have been an easier pill to swallow if SS simply chose to produce this piece with an attached head. Spilled milk now as I think we're all beating that dead horse at this point. I imagine this issue will pester us less with time. IMO, this is still one of the best Hulk statues ever produced. The more I get used to the classic monster portrait, the more I prefer it over the 2005 PF.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #33
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
All of which, I think, would have been an easier pill to swallow if SS simply chose to produce this piece with an attached head. Spilled milk now as I think we're all beating that dead horse at this point. I imagine this issue will pester us less with time. IMO, this is still one of the best Hulk statues ever produced. The more I get used to the classic monster portrait, the more I prefer it over the 2005 PF.
It does look phenomenal from front. Its just a pity the awesome sides cannot be admired as much as a result of the seam. And these are too expensive to have keyed in place permanently. I wouldn't mind but its been delayed for almost a year now so no excuses.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #34
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
You think that head seam is acceptable for a $550 collectible? Add the $95 shipping and the undoubted $100 plus imports mine had better be an improvement on what I have seen.
What is acceptable for one person isn't necessarily acceptable to another. I also think that if the name of te company that made this started with an X you would be far more accepting of it.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #35
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
What is acceptable for one person isn't necessarily acceptable to another. I also think that if the name of te company that made this started with an X you would be far more accepting of it.
Spidey I think you have me confused. I don't collect statues from XM Studios. Most if not all my collection is Sideshow.

There is defending and there is defending the indefeasible.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #36
aeumuse
Hydra

Gorgeous pics risingstar~

The teeth on your regular head looks much more acceptable than a lot of others I've seen. Did you fill up the gaps among the teeth with blu tack or something?

For the price + shipping of $106 to S'pore, hope I don't have to resort to that just to display the regular head
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:02 PM   #37
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Spidey I think you have me confused. I don't collect statues from XM Studios. Most if not all my collection is Sideshow.

There is defending and there is defending the indefeasible.
and there is opinion and fact and you keep stating one as if it is the other. While the head seam is and issue I don't think it is indefensible; I think that it was a design compromise. Your suggestion of a torso just wouldn't have worked.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #38
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
and there is opinion and fact and you keep stating one as if it is the other.
No. Its my opinion, how about that assertion of yours that if this were XM i would not be saying anything?
Old 09-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #39
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeumuse View Post
Gorgeous pics risingstar~

The teeth on your regular head looks much more acceptable than a lot of others I've seen. Did you fill up the gaps among the teeth with blu tack or something?

For the price + shipping of $106 to S'pore, hope I don't have to resort to that just to display the regular head
I actually like this modern portrait just wish it had some more texture.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #40
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Thank you good sir for this truly fantastic review!
I am sorry about the seam but feel that this is nevertheless an outstanding piece which is well worth its place in the collection of any fan and collector.

Keep up the good work!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote