Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who comes out the winner?
Athas vs. Sauron solo, Arthas wins 4 80.00%
Arthas vs. Sauron solo, Sauron wins 1 20.00%
Arthas vs. Sauron with armies, Athas wins 0 0%
Arthas vs. Sauron with armies, Sauron wins 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
michaelgloch
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Arthas/Lich King vs. Sauron

Simple enough question. Two of the biggest power houses in modern fantasy and mythology go head to head with the aim of exterminating the other and all of their influence in the world.

Version 1 of the battle involves Sauron and Arthas going at each other personally with only their magic and whatever weapons they carry normally. Sauron with his ring and his giant mace. Arthas with the powers of the Lich King and Frostmourne.

Version 2 involves them going to war with each other with their armies. Sauron has his armies of orcs, trolls, men, fellbeasts, and all the other interesting beasties that never showed up in the movies. Arthas has a force made of reanimated corpses of all kinds of creatures, frost dragons, gargoyles, banshees, etc.

Who wins in either scenario?
michaelgloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

i say Arhas, one little wild swing with a broken sword and Sauron lost his finger and all his power
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Teague
Iron Man

Who's Arthas again? Sounds familiar, but I can't place him for the life of me.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
FrozzTZero
Doh!

Arthas is the tragic human Paladin and prince of the kingdom Lordaeron in the Warcraft Universe. He was corrupted by the necromancer Kel'Thuzad and when he found the ancient runesword Frostmourne it started whispering dark thoughts into his mind. Later he went to their side, murdered his own father, the king. Then he unleashed the forces of the Burning Legion (endless armies of dark and brutal demons from other dimensions) so they could attack the Warcraft realm for a second time. With the help of dark rituals he summoned on of their evil masters - Archimonde.

Hm would say Arthas is stronger than Sauron. When he found Frostmourne and united himself with the Lich King, he became maybe the most powerful being in World of Warcraft with the empowerment by the wisdom and might of the Lich King.The might of Frostmourne is really insane, it can drain a soul out of a body. His armies would rip the forces of Sauron apart. He has more than (endless) ordinary skeletons. He rules over the undead nerubians, the frost wyverns (dragons), abonominations, ghouls, harpies, lichs, banshees and thousands of human worshippers. And he has some very powerful companions for example: Kel'Thuzad - He is the most powerful lich now and he rules over endless forces, too.
And Arthas beat the hell out of Illidan in the battle at the Icecrown Glacier. And Illidan was considered one of the strongest beings in Warcraft before Arthas beat him.

Battle at the Wrathgate Sequence from World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw-IT...eature=related

Cinematic Intro Sequence from World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7k9f...eature=related
FrozzTZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Teague
Iron Man

Oh, that's right. I even play WoW from time to time. Ha!

I remember being sad when Arthas fell in what...Warcraft 3, was it? I was bummed.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
Moogled
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Lich King FTMFW.

Sauron is a total pussbag against Arthas.
Moogled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Sauron would fly too high for Arthas to reach him. Then Sauron would swoop down, steal Arthas' life force, and then peck his eyes out with his large beak. Sauron also steals Arthas' powers temporarily and uses it to reanimate the undead and finish off Arthas' army.

... LOTR Sauron is a pansy
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
michaelgloch
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking007 View Post
Sauron would fly too high for Arthas to reach him. Then Sauron would swoop down, steal Arthas' life force, and then peck his eyes out with his large beak. Sauron also steals Arthas' powers temporarily and uses it to reanimate the undead and finish off Arthas' army.

... LOTR Sauron is a pansy
wrong Sauron-but funny. I actually forgot about him. What's he doing these days?
michaelgloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Arthas, easily.

Played Warcraft 1-3 and their expansions, but no time for a "World of Warcraft"-type game, although it's fun to read up on the continuing lore.

Chris Metzen and Co. know how to weave an entertaining yarn. I guess there's been a whole slew of fantasy novels by various authors expanding the lore also, which is great.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote