Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 09-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #341
Femto
Frackin!

It’s not a mistake. Blizzard set the price so no one would be tempted to buy it. They are selling the statue at conventions and need the statue online for purchasing. They give a code to a buyer at the convention to reveal the $150 price when they type the code online.
Femto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #342
AC_808
Hercules

So I'm guessing that's how you purchased yours?

Especially since you recently received yours ...as you stated a few posts back.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #343
AC_808
Hercules

Actually, now that I look more closely, even the page says it in RED fonts. It says "For events ship to home code card purchases only."

Nifty way of doing it ...

Old 09-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #344
Femto
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So I'm guessing that's how you purchased yours?

Especially since you recently received yours ...as you stated a few posts back.
I purchased mine online as soon as someone in this thread mentioned she was up for sale again. Apparently she was sold out within a few hours.

I have a suspicion that she was not meant for online sale, because you can't search for Tracer on the gear store and find this statue, at least I couldn't. They probably put her up thinking only people at the conventions would be giving the link. Once they found out people were buying the statue online they quickly jacked the price and made that statement in red. Only the link in this thread would get me there. But who knows, I could be wrong haha.
Femto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:49 AM   #345
AC_808
Hercules

I think you're right. That's what must have happened. I saw the page too when the link was posted ...then the revised page after that.

Good thinking on your part when she became available. You "quick grab" yourself one. Nice!
Old 10-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #346
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I got tracer on Wave 3 in the end of April re-stock. I was checking like 5 times a day for over 2 months. Was very lucky and happy to get it.

Wonder why it keeps selling out but all the other statues remain in stock? I get she is the poster character of Overwatch and all, but yeah. She is a cool statue though with great detail and pose
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #347
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax83 View Post
I got tracer on Wave 3 in the end of April re-stock. I was checking like 5 times a day for over 2 months. Was very lucky and happy to get it.

Wonder why it keeps selling out but all the other statues remain in stock? I get she is the poster character of Overwatch and all, but yeah. She is a cool statue though with great detail and pose
Congrats, man!

She must be more popular than expected because not only is she the one selling out, but she is the only one used for convention sales too.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #348
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Congrats, man!

She must be more popular than expected because not only is she the one selling out, but she is the only one used for convention sales too.
They sell all of them at conventions. I preordered the D.VA at comic con and they had Windowmaker, Tracer, and Reaper for sell. They give you a themed card with a scratch back number so that you can enter it in online as payment for the statue.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:47 PM   #349
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehollywood View Post
They sell all of them at conventions. I preordered the D.VA at comic con and they had Windowmaker, Tracer, and Reaper for sell. They give you a themed card with a scratch back number so that you can enter it in online as payment for the statue.
Hmmm ...I wasn't clear enough.

Meant to say ..."she is the only one used for convention only sales". The others you can still buy them on their website without the codes.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #350
patrickm3849
Justice League

Hi guys, here is my first "real" unboxing/review video of the Tracer statue. I hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think (as long as you can understand german )

https://youtu.be/oPpdEi3UIlc
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote