Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #2521
Toady
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toady View Post
She's been dispatched.
Should have her in my hands on Thursday.
She has arrived and looks fantastic.
Toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #2522
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I give SS the portraits hands down. XM vs SS poses, both are great for their statues. As for the physique, I give that to XM. SS Dark Phoenix looks like she has been slaying it at the gym and not eating to the point her hip bones are showing. But cosmic clone entities can do whatever they want....so core day, every day

Jean, while athletic, has never been ripped like this statue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #2523
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Damn. Damn. Damn. Was it close to fitting or not a chance in hell, even with some sanding?

You're the bestest for giving it a go, Rising. Much appreciated.
Not a chance, Demona. It would really need to be customized to fit.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #2524
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Not a chance, Demona. It would really need to be customized to fit.
Maybe I'm being dense, but was there really an expectation that a head from one statue would "just" fit into the body of another statue - from an entirely different company?!?

Surely the chances of that happening would be similar to me tossing a coin into the air and hitting the moon.......To be clear, that would be a very slim chance.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #2525
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Maybe I'm being dense, but was there really an expectation that a head from one statue would "just" fit into the body of another statue - from an entirely different company?!?

Surely the chances of that happening would be similar to me tossing a coin into the air and hitting the moon.......To be clear, that would be a very slim chance.....

She merely asked if it was possible. It took a second of my time to confirm yes or no. I don't think there was any expectation.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:28 AM   #2526
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
She merely asked if it was possible. It took a second of my time to confirm yes or no. I don't think there was any expectation.
I'm not criticizing what you did to help, was very good of you.....I was questioning the original request.

Now, I don't suppose you'd happen to have an Elephant and a small metal bucket, there's something I've been meaning to find out....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #2527
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
I'm not criticizing what you did to help, was very good of you.....I was questioning the original request.

Now, I don't suppose you'd happen to have an Elephant and a small metal bucket, there's something I've been meaning to find out....
No, his poo will not fit in a bucket. I've tried
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #2528
supermetroid
Teen Titans

It'd be awesome if it did fit lol. It was definitely worth a shot, I remember someone switching heads from one PF to another, Joker maybe?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #2529
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #2530
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Since both statues are 1:4 versions of the same character, they should be close to same dimensions. Also, the poses are similar with the exception of one head is turned a little more, but the hair goes in the same sweeping motion across the shoulder. And the attachment points are the same -- a neck seam.

So IMO, it is NOT a crazy request to see if it was a potentially close fit. I didn't expect it to be perfect, but there are a LOT of really great engineers on this forum would could have possible modified the attachment point (which is the same on both statues, a post with a magnet) to make the SS head fit on the XM body. But the fact it's not even close, I'm not losing sleep. Just was very curious because I would have purchased the SS DP in a heartbeat.

I also was not the only person to ask the question, but even if I was, I stand by it. And I also appreciate the few seconds of time that it must have taken Rising to attempt the Frankensteining and reply back.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote