Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #1871
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

And thanks for the positive input Northern!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #1872
iceprince_x
Deadman

thanks for the response.

the other fin is not detaching, its only the one I have shown. I will first try your suggestion of superglue it.
I just fear, that its brittle and it will break... will update you as soon as I have done your suggestion.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #1873
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

IceprinceX,

Any success? The clear part of the fin is pretty durable so I don't think you'll have any problems with it being brittle. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #1874
iceprince_x
Deadman

Just done it last week! She looks great again like when I first got her. Thank you very much for the suggestion. The fin is truly durable and not really brittle as it looks.

And oh by the way, the other fin started to also detach but I just did what you suggested with the first fin.

Until your next statue, I am a major fan of your statues.

I hope that you will consider a lay-away plan for your statues, I am still eyeing Kiani in your shop, but the immediate payment kinda holds me back.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #1875
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust the wing fins metal posts so that they sit properly?

I've gotten both wings replaced by Aspen already so I don't really want to impose for a 3rd replacement set. Looking at the statue, her right wing (left arm) doesn't seem to be seated properly (either from a misalignment or something else) and the left side wing (right arm) appears to droop and not stay held up.

I've tried museum gel (which ended up being too soft to really support, and I've tried dental wax which worked for a time but doesn't have enough stickiness to it) Short of using superglue, I'm at a loss. I've thought about bending the posts some but they're so short it's hard to get the proper leverage to bend, plus I'm worried about breaking the wing all together and then not being able to replace it.

Any one have thoughts?
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #1876
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

does anyone know if Apsen is ever going to be on sale again? I still havnt got the regular, I don't mind waiting for it to hit sale.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #1877
iceprince_x
Deadman

I guess it will be on a Black Friday, after Thanks Giving if I am right?
I missed out on it last year... this year I am truly going to order a risky statue.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #1878
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
I guess it will be on a Black Friday, after Thanks Giving if I am right?
I missed out on it last year... this year I am truly going to order a risky statue.
I thought they fix these issues already? after they change there web site I lost all my points in my account, don't know why and my order history is all gone too. seem like they refresh my account after the newsite. plus aspen store has been really slow, they don't even have a new statue out. they couldn't be that busy.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #1879
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I understand there are 2 versions or 2 seperate production runs of the white 'regular', is that right? What's the difference?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #1880
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I understand there are 2 versions or 2 seperate production runs of the white 'regular', is that right? What's the difference?
The "Black Armor" version is with black armor instead, it has a name plate on the front of the base as well as a light up feature that changes or you can stop it on the specific color that you want. If you go to the aspenstore.com you can see a video on the black armor page pay close attention to the legs since that is where you can see the actual light change color.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote