Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #571
HICKS
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
Ok so I finally pulled out the reg to compare to the special and I do have to say the differences are there but subtle. If not placed side by side you would be hard pressed I think to tell if you have a reg or special, the latter being lighter overall but the difference in how variegated the pieces are is less than I thought. I do prefer the special.

That said, this piece is really amazing and I don't see how I can own or bother with a SS piece from here on, just not my taste I suppose. I had long considered buying the large big chap maquette but the Sano owns that piece in my opinion. I couldn't be happier and more satisfied despite dropping major coin on the piece. I stumbled upon the SS big chap in the display window at Album in Paris and the first thing I noticed was how soft and loose the sculpt was, especially the feet. The Sano is my first alien piece and I doubt I will need another.
I've also seen the big chap maquette at album in Paris and I have to say that I was very disappointed by it,I own both normal and special version and I find the SS maquette pretty lame compared to the 1/5 statue by Sano.
HICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #572
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HICKS View Post
I've also seen the big chap maquette at album in Paris and I have to say that I was very disappointed by it,I own both normal and special version and I find the SS maquette pretty lame compared to the 1/5 statue by Sano.
What's interesting is that when the SS maquette first shipped people were saying it wasn't glossy enough. Now seeing the Sano and maquette I can say I love the flat finish on the former and the gloss cheapens the overall look of the latter.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #573
demorathis
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
What's interesting is that when the SS maquette first shipped people were saying it wasn't glossy enough. Now seeing the Sano and maquette I can say I love the flat finish on the former and the gloss cheapens the overall look of the latter.
Good point about the gloss -- I guess because the Sano sculpt is so precise and we can easily see the details and the SS is so doughy and "soft", that the gloss helps to hide the SS's imprecise features and adds an "edge " to it because the gloss brings out all the subtlety in the sculpterly texture...

I can't wait til they - IF they do- make a larger full-bodied Alien...maybe 1/2 scale or full size...!!
demorathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #574
Necronom
Frackin!

Beatiful piece! Love it!

I'm interested in buying it, if somebody wants to sell it please let me know.
Necronom is offline   Reply With Quote