Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-29-2014, 03:08 AM   #11
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
Just a quick note that that posting of the Mandy design on our site is a few years old. At the time we were planning to do in her in a smaller scale. After cooling off on new product for a couple of years we thought this would be a nice jump starter for us. That's when we decided to go bigger. We plan to do some fun things with the pillow for some "tiki themed" exclusives. She will not however come with clothes. Much like the Fred Moore girls she will be modestly covered up and not showing any naughty bits. We understand it may limit sales, but hey, we don't make big edition sizes anyway.

Also, the Fred Moore girl was similarly dressed and was a huge hit....for us anyway. One of our biggest sellers. We're just excited to dip our foot back into the pool so to speak.
The tease is often more sexy than straight up nudity. I look forward to see how this statue develops.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Just a quick note that that posting of the Mandy design on our site is a few years old. At the time we were planning to do in her in a smaller scale. After cooling off on new product for a couple of years we thought this would be a nice jump starter for us. That's when we decided to go bigger. We plan to do some fun things with the pillow for some "tiki themed" exclusives. She will not however come with clothes. Much like the Fred Moore girls she will be modestly covered up and not showing any naughty bits. We understand it may limit sales, but hey, we don't make big edition sizes anyway.

Also, the Fred Moore girl was similarly dressed and was a huge hit....for us anyway. One of our biggest sellers. We're just excited to dip our foot back into the pool so to speak.
Will there be non-exclusive versions of the statues? I ask as you never accept orders to international locations.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #13
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Spazzy, there are plenty of Mandy statues to choose from and I have a feeling there will be many more. Dean, (and Mandy) have a large following and it's always interesting to see how different companions interpret her. The more the merrier.

best,

Tracy
Yep got all deans statues! Met him many times too great guy, wife is great too! I agree more the merrier, but just prefer more clothed pieces so many good designs he has! Hope we see more than one or two every couple years.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

Does this mean there may be more cool ET statues coming out?
Old 01-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #15
FROBAY
Phoenix

I'm in for one and thanks for clearing things up!
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #16
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
Will there be non-exclusive versions of the statues? I ask as you never accept orders to international locations.
We hope to do some exclusives, but they will only involve the pillow color. Yes we leave the international shipping to the pros like our distributors. It's just not practical for us to ship outside of the US in most cases.
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #17
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Does this mean there may be more cool ET statues coming out?
We are testing the waters with this piece. We need to refresh our experience with factories and see if it's worth it. I have a feeling production cost has risen during our absence. Also, talented sculptors who will work within our budgets are rare. We're starting with the Mandy piece since Dean is so easy to work with. Also there are no pressures such as royalty deadlines, etc. We will release it when it's ready. I really dread getting into long licensing agreements, but I know it's part of the business. It's fun when we get to play with other peoples licenses like we've done with Sideshow on a couple of occasions.
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:16 AM   #18
KELPIE
New Republic

I'm not really into Mandy however I hope this leads to more statues from ET.

All my favourite pieces in my collection come from ET.

If orders are lagging I'll have to PO this just to get you back in the game Tracy

Not that they'll ever happen, however I still drool over your Hanna Barbera stuff.

I loves me some cartoon statues
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #19
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I keep seeing this Mandy character. She seems fun. Don't know if I need a statue of her. Perhaps I'll try one of those sketchbook/comics one day. But if Electric Tiki made a retro Betty Page Rocketeer version in their style. That I would get.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #20
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
no matter what ... we will buy this one.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote