Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-19-2014, 04:31 AM   #31
Jase25
Frackin!

Thumbs up

Okay I know this is an older post but if anyone happens to come across this thread because they are wanting a review of this bust I'd like to offer my feelings towards this piece.
First off this is my first GG piece and from the packaging to the bust itself, I'm stunned. The box is beautiful bright and completely feels Mars Attacks. The bust is perfect. The sculpt is nothing short of amazing and the paint apps are tight, clean, neat, and perfect. I honestly repaint or touch up almost every piece I buy, this one there is absolutely nothing I could do to improve it. It's beautiful and now sits in my Detolf next to my Hot Toys Martian Ambassador. I truly love this piece. I found him for only $82 trough Toynk and got free shipping. Oh and the COA is a trading card with the edition number written on it. For those of us who follow Mars Attacks the trading card COA is a very nice touch. Those that say they don't collect mini bust... I'm sorry but maybe I'm missing something because I don't find this very mini. I mean this thing is twice the size of any of my Bowen bust, and it's a little larger then 1/6 scale compared to my HT figure...so it's not tiny or mini by any means.
In closing I love the thing. A lot of my pieces in my collection come and go, and I'm always selling, but this piece has found a permanent home in my collection. I can't compare it to the Quarantine Statue because I don't have it yet, but it should be in this week.
Take Care ~ Jase
Jase25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #32
PitViper
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Thanks for the review! I think the bust is way underrated, especially taking into consideration the rabid Mars Attacks fan base (I picked up 3 myself!). I have the Quarantine piece as well, and while it’s definitely nice, the modernistic menacing adaptation of the creature loses some of his character (in my book anyways).
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote