Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-27-2016, 08:04 AM   #6641
FROBAY
Phoenix

That Durieux Alien print is my favorite of all the AlienDay releases. Amazing work.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #6642
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Soooooooo any chance of That Kid Who Draws doing an X-Men Apocalypse commission as a companion piece to the DOFP print?
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #6643
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
Soooooooo any chance of That Kid Who Draws doing an X-Men Apocalypse commission as a companion piece to the DOFP print?
Anything is possible I suppose, but we don't have any commissions planned with him so it wouldn't come from us.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #6644
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
That Durieux Alien print is my favorite of all the AlienDay releases. Amazing work.
I really like this one as well. Hopefully I can get it.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #6645
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I really like this one as well. Hopefully I can get it.
I hope you can. The drops from Bottkeneck have been worse than any Mondo drop I have seen. At least the Englert and Star Wars Variants were sold out out in less than a second.

Both companies use the same web setup.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #6646
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Got the regular on the first try.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #6647
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Got the regular on the first try.
Congrats. I pulled a metal down.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:55 PM   #6648
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Congrats. I pulled a metal down.
Sweet!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #6649
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Uh Sir this place is dead.

Seriously, with all the Alien and Aliens prints released today and no posts. I guess everyone just lurks on EB now.

Mark Englert's release is probably the best and his best yet. And open edition till tomorrow so no one can complain. Although I guess he has a sense of humor with the Alien Queen hanging from the drop ship.
I can't speak for anyone else, however this place is kinda frustrating in that the majority of discussion takes place with the assumption that people know all about what prints are being released where.

The number of times I come in here to see people talking about which variant is their favourite or if a piece is no good/good and have no idea what they're talking about is crazy... Post some links or pictures guys
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #6650
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
Prints in general have been low key. My guess is it's the calm before the storm. I imagine (hope?) they'll be several big releases this summer.

Englert is cool, but none of the Alien prints really did anything for me. The Ortiz Alien (not his Aliens) and the Kelly are probably my favorite 2 and none of the releases today changed that for me personally.
What are the big summer releases other than Civil War?

I thought the Vance Kelly one was a bit too busy. And I want Alien and Aliens prints with the characters. I didn't like the color choices either on that one.

Quote:
Yeah, that Vance kelly will be hard to beat. The others pale in comparison. I will say that Englert is probly the second best print he has done to date (The Thing being the best), even though I'm not a fan of his.
I only have a few of Mark Englert's prints. I still remember the trouble with him. But I guess I look past it because I like the few prints I own so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I know Englert has rubbed people the wrong way at times, luckily for me i stayed out of everything. His print for The Thing was one of the first prints that got into collecting screenprints. He's kind of been away for a bit, but his Alien print is nice, and his Ratchet and Clank is a knock out.

I'd love to see more video game work from him, maybe something for No Mans Sky, Uncharted, and Mortal Kombat would be dreams from me.
I remember posting about the missed opportunities for so many prints Mark Englert could have worked on. Especially the videogame ones. He could make incredible Ico and Shadow of the Colossus prints of the landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
While great art will always have a market, I think print collecting as a whole is just petering out tbh.
Perhaps collecting the weekly releases but when good prints come up, I would think many would be interested. That Mark Englert Aliens is probably as close as a fan will get to a matte painting from Aliens. As someone who loves that movie I had to get it.

Quote:
It was tempting. But a bit too clever. I didn't like the Alien skull in the rocks.

I'm thinking his Indy might be a miss too with the time it's taking to release that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, however this place is kinda frustrating in that the majority of discussion takes place with the assumption that people know all about what prints are being released where.

The number of times I come in here to see people talking about which variant is their favourite or if a piece is no good/good and have no idea what they're talking about is crazy... Post some links or pictures guys
I'll post links when they announce them. I assumed people were checking Expresso Beans as much as me. I check it midday to scan for new images usually during the middle of the week.

Here are the Alien Day prints from Bottleneck Gallery. All sold out now though.

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/blo...-chris-skinner

There were ones from Mondo as well. Check their Twitter.

http://www.twitter.com/mondonews

Also I saw some from Acme I believe. I can't remember the link right now.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote