Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #61
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well if he said that, than it would be a no brainer that he would choose and want to play one of his most favorite DC characters (BA).
really hoping thats the role he will be paying. i just cant picture him being Shazam.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #62
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well if he said that, than it would be a no brainer that he would choose and want to play one of his most favorite DC characters (BA).
really hoping thats the role he will be paying. i just cant picture him being Shazam.
Can't picture him in a comic movie period. Can't act. This will totally turn me off on seeing this.

And people complained of Ben Affleck as Batman. sheesh.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #63
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Can't picture him in a comic movie period. Can't act. This will totally turn me off on seeing this.

And people complained of Ben Affleck as Batman. sheesh.
well Ben isn't the greatest actor in the world either. granted some say he was great in Argo, but i dont know, didn't see it. but from what i have seen of him in the past im still skeptical.
and the one thing im the most skeptical about Ben playing Batman is his voice. he has a non-intimidating sounding voice. and him even trying to sound intimidating could sound worse than what Bale was doing.

i just think DJ will be more believable (not to mention his looks are perfect for the role) as BA than he would Shazam.
but i can agree with that he isn't the best actor. hopefully when he says hes putting his heart and sole into this role that he can tap into that part of acting where they become the character rather than trying to play or portray it. ill at least give the guy a chance like im doing for Ben.
but trust me if they both screw it up. thats it. no more comic roles for them..
Old 08-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #64
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
well Ben isn't the greatest actor in the world either. granted some say he was great in Argo, but i dont know, didn't see it. but from what i have seen of him in the past im still skeptical.
and the one thing im the most skeptical about Ben playing Batman is his voice. he has a non-intimidating sounding voice. and him even trying to sound intimidating could sound worse than what Bale was doing.

i just think DJ will be more believable (not to mention his looks are perfect for the role) as BA than he would Shazam.
but i can agree with that he isn't the best actor. hopefully when he says hes putting his heart and sole into this role that he can tap into that part of acting where they become the character rather than trying to play or portray it. ill at least give the guy a chance like im doing for Ben.
but trust me if they both screw it up. thats it. no more comic roles for them..
Can't wait to hear the "Racist" card thrown regarding "Black" Adam. There will be a lot of people not familiar with the comic so I wouldn't be surprised to see DC somehow alter the character (or at least the name).
Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #65
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Can't wait to hear the "Racist" card thrown regarding "Black" Adam. There will be a lot of people not familiar with the comic so I wouldn't be surprised to see DC somehow alter the character (or at least the name).
you really think DC will alter the character? and his name? what do you mean?
because it might not, after all BA does seem to look a certain type of ethnic race of some sorts anyways. or even a mixed race.
at least i have always pictured him as being so. and it shouldn't matter to some who dont know the character. i wouldn't think it would.
but again. another perfect reason why he should be playing BA instead of Shazam. the Rock is mixed raced and totally has that ethnic look BA has. i could def see more folks throwing out the race card more if we come to find out hes playing Shazam.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #66
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
you really think DC will alter the character? and his name? what do you mean?
hell the movie isn't called "Captain Marvel" is it, so clearly they don't mind changing names I could see him being Tet Adam instead of Black though as stupid as this world has become
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #67
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I am really so tired of race ranting when it comes to casting comic book movies. It rarely happens in any other genre of film making, which just makes fans sound like lowbrow, crybaby idiots. I thought Black Adam was supposed to be Egyptian. And the "black" doesn't refer to the color of his skin. The Rock is biracial Samoan and Black so not sure why there would be a public outcry if he took on that role. But even if he does Shazam, Dwayne has also played ethnic neutral characters.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #68
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
hell the movie isn't called "Captain Marvel" is it, so clearly they don't mind changing names I could see him being Tet Adam instead of Black though as stupid as this world has become
aahh yes. i see. yeah pretty stupid if they do that sh!t
Old 08-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #69
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I am really so tired of race ranting when it comes to casting comic book movies. It rarely happens in any other genre of film making, which just makes fans sound like lowbrow, crybaby idiots. I thought Black Adam was supposed to be Egyptian. And the "black" doesn't refer to the color of his skin. The Rock is biracial Samoan and Black so not sure why there would be a public outcry if he took on that role. But even if he does Shazam, Dwayne has also played ethnic neutral characters.
well i dont look at the black being related to the color of his skin either. i refer to it as being evil.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #70
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
. It rarely happens in any other genre of film making, which just makes fans sound like lowbrow, crybaby idiots.
the difference between comics and most other forms of media though is that comics are 100% a visual medium, so when you spend 50+ years seeing a character a very specific way it's a bit annoying when that very specific way is changed for no apparent reason
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote