Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Tarzan and the Golden Lion bronze

Wanted to show you our first bronze, Tarzan and the Golden Lion which was originally sculpted by Shawn Nagle for us several years back. This is based on early iconic art by Edgar Rice Burroughs artist, J. Allen St. John. Our foundry is Deep In The Heart and we are setting an edition size on the piece of 30 worldwide. They are made to order. Price is $3850.00 U.S. and can be paid in installments which we can work out. Enjoy!

ReelArt Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
GerryT
Statue Forum MacDaddy

any other views of the piece?
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Turnbull View Post
any other views of the piece?
Yes and I hate showing them as they are low res and the colors are hot. In other words they are not accurate. The piece is still at the foundry and the photo shown above is the only good lighting high res we have. These may turn you and others off but here ya go. Please just use the following to see the sculpt itself but refer to the patina and coloring of the first image shown above for what the actual details look like. We will get excellent turn-arounds once this is in our hands.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

I can really see this beauty displayed in a Public or personal Library. The St. John art has so much more a literary feel to it then what's come since. Guess it's more of an association with me. Well...I do play the lottery.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
Comic2read
Fantastic Four

Very classy. I like the marble and wood base with nameplate.

I can imagine how impressive the Sheena and Doc Savage statues will look in True Bronze.
Comic2read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic2read View Post
Very classy. I like the marble and wood base with nameplate.

I can imagine how impressive the Sheena and Doc Savage statues will look in True Bronze.

Thank you! Doc is in the process right now. First one is sold.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
MTT
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This looks Gorgeous. This must be one of the best sculptures in recent years in bronze.

This would look look great in a bookshelf (side by side with my ERB library, St. John, Frazetta and Krenkel books).

Unfortunately, I believe, this will fall to same gategory as the Hogarth Tarzan Bronze. I have been admiring that also since it was released. And that is some years ago. Till today my financial status has not reached the level to buy it.

But let's live in hope that someday I could afford to buy this

-MTT
MTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

MTT, thank you for your very kind heartfelt words. I just got in from the Windy City Pulp and Paper Con where we also had a meeting of the Chicago chapter of the Burroughs Bibliophiles. You are very fortunate to own the ERB library if you are writing about the Cochran three book series from 20 years ago. Those go for around $150.00 per book now in good shape. I just picked up #2 in Chicago.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelArt Studios View Post
MTT, thank you for your very kind heartfelt words. I just got in from the Windy City Pulp and Paper Con where we also had a meeting of the Chicago chapter of the Burroughs Bibliophiles. You are very fortunate to own the ERB library if you are writing about the Cochran three book series from 20 years ago. Those go for around $150.00 per book now in good shape. I just picked up #2 in Chicago.
I have a 4-volume Tarzan of the Apes collection (Apes/Son/Earth'sCore/Triumphant) published in 1988 from Avenel Books w/ St. John, Maroto, and Studley Burroughs illustrations. Is this from the collection you mention?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I have a 4-volume Tarzan of the Apes collection (Apes/Son/Earth'sCore/Triumphant) published in 1988 from Avenel Books w/ St. John, Maroto, and Studley Burroughs illustrations. Is this from the collection you mention?
No, it's titled the Edgar Rice Burroughs Library of Illustration. It came in an edition of three slipcased
oversized hardbacks. Coffee table size. It is almost impossible to get the slipcases today but you can find the three books usually listed separately on eBay. They are highly sought after collector's rarities.