Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #1431
Vendetta
The X-Men

I'm very happy that this came out so nicely after being a bit disappointed when seeing it in person at Tokyo Comic Con 2017. I can't wait to receive mine tomorrow.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #1432
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
He looks fine next to origins bats, maybe a little big but nothing off putting imo
This thing was built to be a companion to Hush Supes. Every other display combination seems incidental.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #1433
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I think he was just referring to size comparison, not really anything else.

I'm wondering what kind of odds there are on waitlist conversions at this point. If you're someone who can live without the smiling face and the kryptonite ring, it might be best to just go for the regular while it's still available. Even the P1 site is low stock remaining on the EX, so there might not be many left.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #1434
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
This thing was built to be a companion to Hush Supes. Every other display combination seems incidental.
im doing a bat-verse display with DKR, flashpoint, hush and batman who laughs - no superman. even though technically yes those 2 were designed to display together i would hope he would would display well with other 1/3 scale P1 batmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I think he was just referring to size comparison, not really anything else.
yup
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #1435
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Jesus Christ!! Where are the videos of this piece?!

I am bored of Superman Hush because I already watched like 6 videos of it.

Why??? WHY????
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #1436
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
IMO 100% go for the TDKIII Masterrace Batman next to Sups
This is going to be my setup too then I am done with dc.

Couple comments

1) I would definitely display Batman with the grappling hook not sniper rifle, sorry Batman and snipe rifle is a no go.

2) in that photo Superman looks much bigger than Batman even though they both are 1/3. I get Superman is standing fully straight on a tall base - almost 40 inches in height, but Batman is also standing relatively straight (one of the reason I like the masterrace version vs the other one). Is this photo in scale? Batman just seem so much smaller.

3) is there a 1/3 definitive comic wonder woman coming out? The 1/3 one they have in works with that high tech looking shield I don’t like at all, looks pretty bad. Prime1 needs to make a definite 1/3 comic Wonder Woman!

To display those 3 I need to get rid of like 10 pfs to make space...facepalm
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #1437
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
2) in that photo Superman looks much bigger than Batman even though they both are 1/3. I get Superman is standing fully straight on a tall base - almost 40 inches in height, but Batman is also standing relatively straight (one of the reason I like the masterrace version vs the other one). Is this photo in scale? Batman just seem so much smaller.
The Superman piece is just shy of 42" tall. Batman displayed with the grappling hook is 32".
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #1438
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This is my first P1 piece that I'm going to have to return.

First, a warning to anyone unboxing this and thinking of setting the top piece of the styrofoam aside. The friggin' cape is poking out of the bottom of it, so setting it down on a hard surface is probably going to cause the bottom of the cape tip to get scraped.

The actual body in my was really wet. No idea. I did have one statue that arrived wet before (and the hollow base of that one was partially filled with water), but it's strange.

But, the peg on the bottom of the foot that goes into the base isn't in the correct location. The peg hole in the base is centered in the middle of the square slot. The peg on the foot is not.

This sucks since the EX is sold out and I have a feeling Sideshow is going to go through Prime 1, as usual, so I could probably expect a replacement in 6+ months. I don't know that I was ever going to use the smirking expression anyway..... (does Batman smirk?)
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:42 PM   #1439
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
This is going to be my setup too then I am done with dc.

Couple comments

1) I would definitely display Batman with the grappling hook not sniper rifle, sorry Batman and snipe rifle is a no go.

3) is there a 1/3 definitive comic wonder woman coming out? The 1/3 one they have in works with that high tech looking shield I don’t like at all, looks pretty bad. Prime1 needs to make a definite 1/3 comic Wonder Woman!

To display those 3 I need to get rid of like 10 pfs to make space...facepalm
The Injustice version is 1/4 I believe.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:44 PM   #1440
Sjb
Justice League

What a huge let down for you. Mine arrived today in perfect shape. Glad I have been waiting for this to arrive before building/purchasing a display stand. Because Batman is looking down, this definitely needs to be placed rather high for a good view. If placed to low you will just be looking at the top of his head.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote