Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #31
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
No it isn't at all. $550 for the Reg is the same price as the Ultimate Warrior which no one had a problem with and this has ALOT of intricate paint details.
So you’ll by 10 of them and resell them? Because this ain’t no deal.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:32 PM   #32
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
What was Akuma 1/3 costing two years ago? For What PCS holds as a banner character for them.

Now 1/4 Flair for the most niche collectors is $600. Sounds crazy
Because the $550 warrior no one said anything doesn’t mean it wasn’t thought, but warrior being warrior still gets cut some slack.
Quote:
So you’ll by 10 of them and resell them? Because this ain’t no deal.
Akuma 1/3 went up for pre-order over 4 years ago

Why don't you compare it with something a little more recent like the 1/3 Sagat: Emperor of Muay Thai. It came with a swap out torso just like Ric Flair and it was priced at $1149.99 which is $550 more.
Iron Fist 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #33
Biggunz
Loki

don't know but last time i checked Akuma still costing around $850.00 including shipping or best offer and was shipped out about 2 years ago.

1/3 saga is a whole other animal. makes no sense to compare it to that.

maybe a prime 1/3 Superman $999 which is somewhat ok
Old 03-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #34
Biggunz
Loki

but i don't see how someone would pay $600 plus shipping and taxes so about $700 and buy this or be happy buying this when they can pay $100 to $125 more for a 1/3 PCS Akuma
Old 03-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #35
Biggunz
Loki

I'm thinking once these are released you will be able to buy these on the secondary market at $425 or even from sideshow and other distributors for sure around $450 with discounts
and if that was the case which i believe to be true
price is outrageous
Old 03-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #36
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Seems like most new prime 1 1/3's are coming in at $1099 and up. Prices are increasing across the board and are becoming outrageous. Sure, you can buy older PCS stuff on eBay for some nice discounts but I wouldn't count on that trend continuing with their new products as it seems they have started reducing their edition sizes. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying they will go up in price on the secondary market.

I had the 1/3 Shin Akuma but I later sold it because it was a huge disappointment. I'm glad PCS is now using the same factories as XM. It should help to restore some of their reputation. Now they just need to figure out the refund situation.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #37
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I'm thinking once these are released you will be able to buy these on the secondary market at $425 or even from sideshow and other distributors for sure around $450 with discounts
and if that was the case which i believe to be true
price is outrageous
Price isn't out of line at all for retail.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #38
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist 14 View Post
Seems like most new prime 1 1/3's are coming in at $1099 and up. Prices are increasing across the board and are becoming outrageous. Sure, you can buy older PCS stuff on eBay for some nice discounts but I wouldn't count on that trend continuing with their new products as it seems they have started reducing their edition sizes. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying they will go up in price on the secondary market.

I had the 1/3 Shin Akuma but I later sold it because it was a huge disappointment. I'm glad PCS is now using the same factories as XM. It should help to restore some of their reputation. Now they just need to figure out the refund situation.
This hobby. I'm not done with it - too much cool stuff arriving all the time. I'm slowly clearing my pre orders from 2018. 3 months into 2019 and i've not ordered a thing. Once i have my current pre orders delivered, the plan is to limit my self to 2x 1/4 PF's or 1x 1/3 scale per year
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #39
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
This hobby. I'm not done with it - too much cool stuff arriving all the time. I'm slowly clearing my pre orders from 2018. 3 months into 2019 and i've not ordered a thing. Once i have my current pre orders delivered, the plan is to limit my self to 2x 1/4 PF's or 1x 1/3 scale per year
I am doing the exact same thing. I will always collect statues but I'm limiting the number I buy each year and focusing more on smaller scales.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #40
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
but i don't see how someone would pay $600 plus shipping and taxes so about $700 and buy this or be happy buying this when they can pay $100 to $125 more for a 1/3 PCS Akuma
Everything you're saying is nonsense.

I'll tell you why a WWE fan would buy Ric Flair over Akuma, because Ric Flair is a wrestler and Akuma is from Street Fighter...i think a WWE fan would buy Ric Flair....

Whatever you think of the sculpt, WWE or PCS, the fact is basic 1/4 prices are from $500+ across the board and most 1/4 statues are pushing $600-$800 now whether it's Kinetiquettes, PCS or Prime 1 etc.

Now obviously you have a massive problem with PCS and that's fine but to say they are over pricing compared to the rest of the market simply isn't true and whether this sells or not it won't come down to pricing.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote