Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #3231
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Off FB P1 page.

John Pham Hi guys, I am truly sorry to hear that the UPMBR-04/04EX Guts Berserker Armor coming from Sideshow has some Mold issues. Prime 1 and Sideshow are working closely to resolve this matter as soon as possible. In the meantime, we apologize to those customers that were affected and hope for your understanding and patience. We have recalled that one batch of statues that is affected to prevent any further incident. We will try our best to solve this with Sideshow and with this we will need your help to notify Sideshow if your product Box A, Box B or both has been affected. We are sorry to say that some of you may need to wait a little more time to receive your statue. Rest assured that this is only affecting this particular batch and there is no need to worry about your orders.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #3232
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
A 50.00 Sideshow gift card would have been classy. Since a lot of people tied their money and hopes up for this piece.
By the wording of the recall notice, they are only refunding what was charged at time of original shipment. Hence if on payment plan, only the final payment and shipping will be refunded.

So the intention is these will be replaced in some capacity.

There was mentions of other statues that where sent from Prime 1 directly that had this issue as well.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #3233
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I recently received a PCS 1:3 Goro and he was wet inside. Not as bad as Guts and he did not smell like this... Guts and the boxes smell A W E F U L . . .

Seems like a bigger issue than just affecting P1. I plan on spending the day opening pieces I recently received to make sure they are ok...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #3234
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I recently received a PCS 1:3 Goro and he was wet inside. Not as bad as Guts and he did not smell like this... Guts and the boxes smell A W E F U L . . .

Seems like a bigger issue than just affecting P1. I plan on spending the day opening pieces I recently received to make sure they are ok...
wow that sucks, def double check any damage, bubbles and such.

stated on here, Superman Hush had the same ... its Production of some sort.. if it wasn't for the instruction papers being wet ... its as if the warehouse had a massive storm leak and they thought the taped up Styrofoam pieces where ok to still ship.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #3235
joerock
U talkin' to me?

I assumed since there all being shipped on a ship on large pallets, bad weather, strong seas etc might play a part. I work in a refinery, every once awhile we’ll unload parts, equipment from overseas, and sometimes it’s wet
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #3236
Vendetta
The X-Men

I unboxed mine today, and it doesn’t seem to have water damage. One of the fingers was broken on one of the left arms though, and the magnet in the neck wasn’t glued down. Both seem like minor issues that I can remedy, though it’s of course annoying that I have to do anything on a collectible that cost over $1,200 shipped.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #3237
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I unboxed mine today, and it doesn’t seem to have water damage. One of the fingers was broken on one of the left arms though, and the magnet in the neck wasn’t glued down. Both seem like minor issues that I can remedy, though it’s of course annoying that I have to do anything on a collectible that cost over $1,200 shipped.
The magnet may be a non issue, but you really should request a replacement for that left arm with the broken finger. It’ll still take some months for the replacement to arrive anyway.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:22 PM   #3238
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The magnet may be a non issue, but you really should request a replacement for that left arm with the broken finger. It’ll still take some months for the replacement to arrive anyway.
It looks like I can glue it back with no evidence it was ever broken. I’m just tired of having to request something with every statue I get - dinged-up cape on Black Swordsman Guts, broken strap on Zodd, webby fingers on 1/3 Chun-Li, Little Mermaid statue and its replacement were both unsatisfactory, etc., just within the last few months. I think it may soon be time to stop buying altogether.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #3239
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
It looks like I can glue it back with no evidence it was ever broken. I’m just tired of having to request something with every statue I get - dinged-up cape on Black Swordsman Guts, broken strap on Zodd, webby fingers on 1/3 Chun-Li, Little Mermaid statue and its replacement were both unsatisfactory, etc., just within the last few months. I think it may soon be time to stop buying altogether.
That def sucks, all from SS ?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #3240
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerock View Post
Email
WTF????!!!!! I just got my boxes in yesterday and have not opened it yet. I never got a recall email. Theres a recall? I better call SS asap tomorrow before I even open the box.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote