Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #2601
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I saw Evil Lyn twice at the cons and I hated it. Skeletor and She-Ra are awesome.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #2602
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

All these characters are fair game for statues now? Bow with exclusive Look-ee?

Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:07 AM   #2603
FarronFox
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
All these characters are fair game for statues now? Bow with exclusive Look-ee?

Feel a bit disappointed with that print. It's not that I dislike the print, but I just look at it and end up wishing that the statue of She-ra looked like that as she looks great there, but instead they give us the Amy Schumer mutation.

I'd love to get the print, but without the statue it may not mean all that much. Although I could get the print and hope they revisit She-ra and make another version of her as they've done for many other characters.
FarronFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:40 AM   #2604
papadoom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarronFox View Post
Feel a bit disappointed with that print. It's not that I dislike the print, but I just look at it and end up wishing that the statue of She-ra looked like that as she looks great there, but instead they give us the Amy Schumer mutation.

I'd love to get the print, but without the statue it may not mean all that much. Although I could get the print and hope they revisit She-ra and make another version of her as they've done for many other characters.
I was thinking absolutely the same when I first saw the print. If the statue looked like the She-Ra on the print, no one would have ever complained. Unbelievable, giving us the print now is like another slap in the face, as it shows how good the statue could have been.
papadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #2605
apellica
The Herculoids

Yeah, the first 3 came out stellar. I am not feeling this one. Especially after seeing the art print. Sideshow should revisit the sculpt and improve the face.

Have the other 3, will not get this one unless improvements are done!
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #2606
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

So hot in that poster, so not with the statue. Sigh.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #2607
AC_808
Hercules

I must be seeing something different ... that print shows a very slightly better face, but the print also shows a less sexy body. I definitely like the statue more ... much more.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:15 AM   #2608
FarronFox
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I must be seeing something different ... that print shows a very slightly better face, but the print also shows a less sexy body. I definitely like the statue more ... much more.
I don't think you're really seeing something different as I think people's main problem is really only about her face. It's not the body that makes me refer to her as being like Amy Schumer.

I don't have any issues with the body on the print or the statue. It's the face on the print that is a marked improvement over the statue and I wish the statue was more closer the face on the print.
FarronFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #2609
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, I hear ya. Just ...I don't think her face on the statue looks like Amy Schumer. And I really like her body sculpt on the statue. Very well done!

I understand others will have a different view of this statue, tho. Oh well ....
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:07 AM   #2610
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea, I hear ya. Just ...I don't think her face on the statue looks like Amy Schumer. And I really like her body sculpt on the statue. Very well done!

I understand others will have a different view of this statue, tho. Oh well ....
I agree with you, love the statue itself and also don't see the comparison. They both have blonde hair and Amy has a cubby face.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote