Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #621
aa909
The Green Hornet

^^^ can you post pics?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #622
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
My only gripe is the hands, which looks like devoid of any paint. It looks like the heads and arms are made of the intrinsic polystone, which looks great with paint, but when there is none, looks "plasticy."
The lack of attention to her hands is my only issue with her. I really wish they had taken the time to paint the nails, there are so many great little details on this piece the blandness of her hands really stands out.

She is my first Prime1 and now I definitely understand why they have so many fans. Their qc is top notch, I'm officially hooked.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:43 AM   #623
zuko3984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Got this the beginning of the month and just got around to putting it together. Ran into a problem. The torso peg would not fit into the hole in the base. As much as i tried it just would not go in. I looked closer at the slot in the base and discovered the peg hole in the base is cracked. No way this is going together like this. Contacted Sideshow and now waiting for them to get back to me. The say it could take 5 to 7 days to respond. I hope they can get me a new base and the torso i have fits into it nice and easy. I really want to keep this statue. All the other parts i looked at look really great. I was really looking forward to this one so hoping it all works out.
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:49 AM   #624
Glencairn
The Spirit

The most beautiful and detailed statue i have ever owned, no regrets buying this, even though it cost almost one month's salary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0741.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	105468   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0756.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	105469   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0778.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	105470   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0806.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	105471   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0785.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	105472  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0762.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	105473   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0774.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	105474  
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #625
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
Got this the beginning of the month and just got around to putting it together. Ran into a problem. The torso peg would not fit into the hole in the base. As much as i tried it just would not go in. I looked closer at the slot in the base and discovered the peg hole in the base is cracked. No way this is going together like this. Contacted Sideshow and now waiting for them to get back to me. The say it could take 5 to 7 days to respond. I hope they can get me a new base and the torso i have fits into it nice and easy. I really want to keep this statue. All the other parts i looked at look really great. I was really looking forward to this one so hoping it all works out.
Any time there is an issue with the base they ask you to send back the entire statue. They usually won't ship just a replacement base because it is numbered and needs to match the art box and the shipper box, which are both also numbered on Prime 1 pieces.

Hopefully you get this resolved quickly but I'm sure they'll have you send it back and ship you a new statue. Good luck! Keep us posted.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #626
zuko3984

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Any time there is an issue with the base they ask you to send back the entire statue. They usually won't ship just a replacement base because it is numbered and needs to match the art box and the shipper box, which are both also numbered on Prime 1 pieces.

Hopefully you get this resolved quickly but I'm sure they'll have you send it back and ship you a new statue. Good luck! Keep us posted.
I've never had to deal with Sideshow customer support before. This is the first time i've had any sort of problem with anything i have bought from them. I emailed them and they say they are very busy and can take 5-7 days to replay. I was wondering if calling them would be faster or if i should just wait to hear from them.

I'd be ok with sending the whole thing back and getting a whole new one as long as they have an exclusive left to send me. The exclusive is still on waitlist status and has not hit sold out status yet so maybe they can still get me another exclusive. I guess i'd take a regular if it was the only thing available but i'd always be a little dissapointed if i didn't have the exclusive.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #627
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
I've never had to deal with Sideshow customer support before. This is the first time i've had any sort of problem with anything i have bought from them. I emailed them and they say they are very busy and can take 5-7 days to replay. I was wondering if calling them would be faster or if i should just wait to hear from them.
Calling or using the chat feature on their site is definitely faster.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #628
zuko3984

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Calling or using the chat feature on their site is definitely faster.
I tried the chat feature and they told me to use the email form. Maybe I'll try calling them today.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #629
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I'm going to ask sideshow for a replacement as well. Or at least a base, leg, etc replacement. I really really hope they can help me cause I'm all in on this line and I love Harley's exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
^^^ can you post pics?
Yeah once I get a chance I will. I'll need to unpack her again.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #630
zuko3984

So sideshow contacted me and asked for more pictures of the problem. When I went to take more pics of the base I heard something rattle around inside it. I decided to try putting the torso in the base again and it went right in and is holding in place fine. I think there was a piece of something blocking the peg hole and when I moved the base around to take the pics it came loose and that allowed the peg on the torso to fit in the base. Torso seems sturdy on the base. I can see where a small piece of the peg hole in the base is broken but the way it looks it doesn't look like it will impact the statue staying in the base or anything. I just think that broken piece was blocking the peg hole and now it's just rattling in the base. So I'm going to keep it since everything seems fine now. Have to finish setting it up tonight then I'll post some pics.