Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #6241
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
You sure he can still be had for $600?
Pretty certain you cant get him at that price anywhere, but please if you find one let me know..i'd love to buy it at 600
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #6242
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
Pretty certain you cant get him at that price anywhere, but please if you find one let me know..i'd love to buy it at 600
Agreed. I suspect it would be more like $900-$1100.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #6243
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
This is how I imagine you in real life.

Chris
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:18 PM   #6244
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Dude SpawnDude... you gotta stop comparing Thanos to Gladiator Hulk. Two different statues made at two different times under two different circumstances or two different characters. The only thing in common is that they are statues made by Sideshow. I know we like to draw comparisons but there are just too many factors to draw direct comparisons.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #6245
nearmint
Phoenix

He did accomplish one thing. Now I want a Gladiator Hulk.

Not that I have room for it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #6246
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Dude SpawnDude... you gotta stop comparing Thanos to Gladiator Hulk. Two different statues made at two different times under two different circumstances or two different characters. The only thing in common is that they are statues made by Sideshow. I know we like to draw comparisons but there are just too many factors to draw direct comparisons.
+1. As far as price goes, everything is more expensive now than back then. Factory prices are only continuing to rise and not getting lower anytime soon. Unless we're in the know, it's impossible to know where some of the extra costs are going to go. Maybe in the QC, licensing, etc. I'm not saying it's worth it as $1200 is still hard to swallow, but its all just speculation at this point.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #6247
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Gladiator Hulk is a masterpiece. EASILY one of Sideshow's best. The fact that he is trading around 900-1000d still is ending soon. The price is slowly creaping upwards. Its the known "law of how a collectible market works". I have explained it numerous times and it is the same thing that is going to happen to Thanos on throne.

For some time AFTER release and sell-out, the statue will trade around the same price and as soon as the flippers or the "scalpers" will be out-of-stock, the long-time "keepers"-collectors of a watch, wine etc, will have 95% of the es of the aforementioned collectible and the prices then are going to skyrocket. Any new collector wanting the "masterpiece" will face major difficulties cause the "collectible" after 2-3 years is concetrated in the hands of long-time collectors or hobbyists. Gladiator Hulk or Thanos on Throne are 2 masterpieces and the "law" will apply to both (in Gladiator Hulk its already happening, the prices are creaping upwards and rather quickly).

nearmint

buy a Gladiator Hulk NOW and give that Samurai-Kung Fu-Karate Kid Batman now. Believe me, you are going to be amazed. GH is easily one of the best statues Sideshow ever produced.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #6248
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
You mean two statues made at the same size and weight with the same quality paint released within several years of each other? Quite a lot in common actually. The mass public when seeing Gladiator and Thanos side by side assume that they cost the same and are made by the same company? I believe so. Also we are talking about something that sold less than 5 years ago and not way back decades ago when costs where lower. Costs are almost the same and the US dollar has gotten stronger in the last 5 years. I am just saying it will look no more high end or expensive or better QC and will just be another great piece that was made in large enough numbers we can all get one. Much like the Gladiator Hulk. Will it sell for more? Who knows in the end but it cost twice as much so lets hope so.

Back to what I wanted to say,

Thanos is awesome and will look great with any of the beast sized PFs like King Hulk, Gladiator Hulk, Skaar, Abomination. Must have if you like the big statues.

No more back and forth on value, I hope most people on here have seen so many hundreds of statues sell and how it works with large ES and what not, 5000 Wonder Woman who for sure is more popular than Thanos and still batches on pre-order, and the Batman as well still for sale, (Important: Just remembered looking through my pre-orders from Sideshow.......Batman was offered at the same time for pre-order as Gladiator Hulk! So Gladiator is new as well as Batman and Wonder Woman are old as well and have not doubled in price. Anyways, lets just forget about that)

Back on topic, we all know with 4250 pieces 2018, 2019, 2020 will all be ripe years to grab one for under retail, like any statue weather it achieves grail status has never been done with anything over 4000 but if it goes the way of Gladiator and others and after many years finally climbs above retail we will all have years to grab one for $900
Remember, Calling $900 crazy? Retail price for this is an aftermarket success price, $900 is a lot of money and can buy a lot of limited to under 1000 pieces in large scale and if the window for those is small, unloading something you can just re-order later from Sideshow works for some. There will be plenty of deals on anything with an ES this high, and if he just never gets old and looks amazing he will climb, but that is many years away.

He will look awesome, Statues like this (Black Panther, Daredevil, and anyone with no skin, eyes or real life colors) are hard to mess up. Unless you smudge the paint or paint outside the lines this is an easy paint. That being said it will rock for sure and look very much like the prototype picture, That proto is not like Red Sonja where the first pics of her where perfect alive female, in hand it is very nice but not like the original pics they used to sell her. That is because perfect tanned skin is hard, Thanos jump suit is easy.

Looking forward to the big guy, wish he had switch out hand, he does not have the gauntlet and would like to set him facing off against Skaar, Just Thanos natural power vs the Skaar and the Old power. Winner? Thanos but not without a hell of a fight!

Last edited by SpawnDude; 06-22-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: not complete
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:15 PM   #6249
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Gladiator Hulk is a masterpiece. EASILY one of Sideshow's best. The fact that he is trading around 900-1000d still is ending soon. The price is slowly creaping upwards. Its the known "law of how a collectible market works". I have explained it numerous times and it is the same thing that is going to happen to Thanos on throne.

For some time AFTER release and sell-out, the statue will trade around the same price and as soon as the flippers or the "scalpers" will be out-of-stock, the long-time "keepers"-collectors of a watch, wine etc, will have 95% of the es of the aforementioned collectible and the prices then are going to skyrocket. Any new collector wanting the "masterpiece" will face major difficulties cause the "collectible" after 2-3 years is concetrated in the hands of long-time collectors or hobbyists. Gladiator Hulk or Thanos on Throne are 2 masterpieces and the "law" will apply to both (in Gladiator Hulk its already happening, the prices are creaping upwards and rather quickly).

nearmint

buy a Gladiator Hulk NOW and give that Samurai-Kung Fu-Karate Kid Batman now. Believe me, you are going to be amazed. GH is easily one of the best statues Sideshow ever produced.
G-Hulk is amazing...but so is xm bats....forps is always against xm no matter what. Hes just a cry baby because he cant get xm statues consistantly i would bet.

G-Hulk has sat around the same price for a while now, its worth it....pick one up.

Xm bats will not drop in price....could go up once other Xm Dc statues are released. The same nonsence that forps says about flippers, watches and Ghulk would also apply to this statue that is sold out and will not be produced anymore.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #6250
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The comparison is still like saying "Iron Man cost 140 million to make in 2008 and Avengers cost 220 million in 2012 when it's a super hero movie made by the same company."

That would be a silly comparison because there are obviously more factors than that.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote