Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-19-2021, 04:13 PM   #31
TheProfessional
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That's something we don't and probably won't ever know for sure. When Clay threw in the towel and knew it was over and how long after that all this went down. All I can do is go by what I found out and what actually happened to me and others. None of that points to intentional fraud as the trolls would have you believe.
C'mon man, just because they delivered the bust that you ordered doesn't mean they're completely innocent. They didn't even have the decency to put out a social media post before mass cancelling orders and leaving it up the customer to try and contact them and/or partially to try and get their money back. Lots of people on these forums have said that they got nothing back at all. Chronicle continued taking pre-orders after they knew they wouldn't be able to fulfill them. Then they didn't even bother informing anyone and just stopped answering emails and phone calls. How can you excuse that?

What you said about them not taking orders they couldn't fulfill because of "chargebacks" is pure speculation and conjecture on your part too. 6 month chargebacks are not some universal industry standard with every single credit card company and are usually handled case by case. And as someone else said if they knew they were going to close the company no credit card company could collect on a chargeback anyway.

Also you being on a first name basis with someone who works at their offices doesn't really help when you try to say you're not biased. Sorry but just reading this thread it's pretty clear that you're going out of your way to defend them. Whether that's because they didn't cancel one of your orders or you know some of the employees personally or both, please just stop pretending you aren't defending them.
TheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #32
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Whether they knew about the financial issues while still putting up pre-orders I don't know...BUT...

But the way they handled the whole going out of business in regards to speaking to their customers and communication etc was just awful. Absolutely awful.

No one coming forward to hold their hand up, not explaining anything...customers had to work to find information, to get refunds etc...they just ran and hid...

And these actions are what would lead me to believe they knew what was coming while still doing PO's...

To defend them and say HEY I GOT MY ENDO THOUGH is pretty laughable....but what did you guys expect from Stingray really.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #33
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Otherwise (WARNING: unpopular opinion incoming), in terms of their products and staff, I always had a good experience with them.
Not sure that's an unpopular opinion. In fact, i believe that's pretty much the sentiment among people who actually bought their stuff/dealt with them.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:09 PM   #34
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Not sure that's an unpopular opinion. In fact, i believe that's pretty much the sentiment among people who actually bought their stuff/dealt with them.
I just don't get this sentiment here. It was the same with PCS. "I got stuff I like and had a good service".

Great for you. Of course people did or they would have been out of business long before. I personally ordered great pieces and cancelled some for full refunds and their CS agents were always so polite.

BUT

If a company can't cancel orders and refund customers all their money for POs then management phucked-up, and knew they were phucking up.

To what degree may be debatable but those facts are not and no additional revelations are needed to prove the conclusion.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:43 PM   #35
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I just don't get this sentiment here. It was the same with PCS. "I got stuff I like and had a good service".

Great for you. Of course people did or they would have been out of business long before. I personally ordered great pieces and cancelled some for full refunds and their CS agents were always so polite.

BUT

If a company can't cancel orders and refund customers all their money for POs then management phucked-up, and knew they were phucking up.

To what degree may be debatable but those facts are not and no additional revelations are needed to prove the conclusion.
Sure, but i still don't buy into the narrative of them screwing customers on purpose. I genuinely believe they tried hard to go through all this.

There's various reasons why, one being that they revealed at SDCC an awesome 1:6 JP Raptor sculpt, probably the very best around, but when was put on pre-order it simply reused the Blue head, also produced in 1:6, to contain costs.
Now, why on earth would you put on pre-order an inferior product to cut corners in production if you never had any intention of delivering the item in the first place?

Doesn't make any sense and there's plenty of examples like this.

With that said though, i am of course deeply sorry for anyone who got screwed. One guy on Sideshow Freaks for example literally ordered a 1K Raptor bust because of my pictures/recommendation, and i truly hope he managed to get his refund.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:01 PM   #36
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Sure, but i still don't buy into the narrative of them screwing customers on purpose. I genuinely believe they tried hard to go through all this.

There's various reasons why, one being that they revealed at SDCC an awesome 1:6 JP Raptor sculpt, probably the very best around, but when was put on pre-order it simply reused the Blue head, also produced in 1:6, to contain costs.
Now, why on earth would you put on pre-order an inferior product to cut corners in production if you never had any intention of delivering the item in the first place?

With that said though, i am of course deeply sorry for anyone who got screwed. One guy on Sideshow Freaks for example literally ordered a 1K Raptor bust because of my pictures/recommendation, and i truly hope he managed to get his refund.

Of course they had some intention of delivering product but the question is to what degree. If every possible chance has to work out serendipitously but you still put customer's money at risk, that's a failure of management.

Again it brings up a legal concept of you either knew or you should have known. If you are funding current operations with future POs and hoping for the best then your statue business model has a serious problem and there's no way you don't know it. You throw in the towel BEFORE you extend that financial risk to customers.

What they knew and when, their intentions, and to what degree are debatable but the irresponsibility of their actions is not.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:07 PM   #37
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:

This question really answers itself.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:08 PM   #38
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Of course they had some intention of delivering product but the question is to what degree. If every possible chance has to work out serendipitously but you still put customer's money at risk, that's a failure of management.

Again it brings up a legal concept of you either knew or you should have known. If you are funding current operations with future POs and hoping for the best then your statue business model has a serious problem and there's no way you don't know it. You throw in the towel BEFORE you extend that risk to others.

What they knew and when, their intentions, and to what degree are debatable but the irresponsibility of their actions is not.
Sure.

Quote:
This question really answers itself.
It really doesn't.
If you announce a product only to lure unaware customers into giving you money, you don't give a damn about production because you know there's not going to be a production.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:20 PM   #39
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Sure.

It really doesn't.
If you announce a product only to lure unaware customers into giving you money, you don't give a damn about production because you know there's not going to be a production.
Then why are you trying to sell
Quote:
an inferior product to cut corners in production
when you've already
Quote:
revealed at SDCC an awesome 1:6 JP Raptor sculpt, probably the very best around,
?
This isn't a cost cutting hobby of moderation. If you are trying to save on an already sculpted and highly regarded 1/6 size head your statue business is already phucked... and you know it.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:01 PM   #40
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Whether they knew about the financial issues while still putting up pre-orders I don't know...BUT...

But the way they handled the whole going out of business in regards to speaking to their customers and communication etc was just awful. Absolutely awful.

No one coming forward to hold their hand up, not explaining anything...customers had to work to find information, to get refunds etc...they just ran and hid...

And these actions are what would lead me to believe they knew what was coming while still doing PO's...

To defend them and say HEY I GOT MY ENDO THOUGH is pretty laughable....but what did you guys expect from Stingray really.
So now it depends on who they treated well as to their motives, I see the troll bar gets moved now that you are proven wrong, classic.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote