Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #121
travis
A.I.M.

After I'm done with this first Viking in June, I will post pics side by side with the second one before I start the second repaint Man I still wish I ordered a 4th SS Conan fury beast statue so I could have painted a brown sasquatch version, still love my gray version
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #122
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I ordered one too. Lacking any painting skills myself, I think I will have mine repainted by a pro. I have some ideas of what I want but not sure who I am going to have do it yet.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #123
travis
A.I.M.

choose whatever your heart desires bro for this Viking/Frost/Snow Giant beauty...God bless the Shiflett bros.... oh and grats bro
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #124
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Sounds like this thread sold some Vikings for grog...it's definitely a sweet deal for the price.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:08 AM   #125
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I absolutely loved this when it was being sculpted. Especially the head and upper body. The legs and feet seemed a little odd to me but I can't put my finger on why. Then no disrespect intended but I just didn't really like the painted version. When I look at the raw sculpt I see a different vision of what I would want I guess.

I still would have gotten it but at the time I thought there were going to be a lot of Frazettas and I wanted to save both $ and room so I didn't pull the trigger. Can't go wrong at this price though.

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #126
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I get where you are coming from Darrin! I think the legs are the weaker part of the sculpt.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #127
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

ok people all are being shipped today. Justin if you read this i need your address as It did not come thru on paypal. People dont understand how massive this piece is until they see it in person. As statue collectors and the insane prices that come out on every piece i know this is a steal at this price. Anyway i have few left and thats it forever. If interested email me at robbery821@aol.com
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:12 AM   #128
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Well I finally caved and purchased one, at $240 shipped I might as well see this statue in hand.

Thanks Grog!
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #129
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Add me to the list... just made payment. Couldn't resist the price point. I think the old boy will look great displayed with Arhian. I might play around with some repainting... seems like that's what the group is doing with this piece! I'll have to refer back to some Arhian comics to see if any characters give me some specific inspiration.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #130
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

I think the painting looks good, it was more the position of his head that bugged me. Which I'm sure I can find an angle I like, plus he will be up high on a shelf so the downward look might turn out to look really good..

What are the dimensions on this piece?
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote