Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #221
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
I thought you said you weren't gonna get these seeing as you had the original issues?

X-tinction Agenda is POOR. There are a lot of key issue that they should have put in there that they left out!

Mutant massacre and Inferno are both great, as is Fall of the Mutants, By Phoenix Rising, do you mean the Dark Phoenix Saga? Wait for the tpb for the price they charge for the HC unless you can get it cheap!
After picking up a few of them for books I didn't have the single issues for I liked them. Besides, my plan is to end up selling the individual issues anyways. There's too much storage and their value isn't that much anyways, so I'd rather have the books. The story is the important part.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #222
risingstar
Jedi Order

Where is the Dr Strange omni already???
The entire silver age run is perhaps the most underrated run of books of all time!
I've had it up to here with the X-Men... Bah.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #223
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Just orderd Age of Apocalypse from cheapgraphicnovels.com.
Just a heads up, I have the TPBs that came out a few years ago of this and from what I can tell, the Omnibus is missing a few of the prequel issues. Not the greatest stories, but I still thought they were pretty fun.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #224
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
Just a heads up, I have the TPBs that came out a few years ago of this and from what I can tell, the Omnibus is missing a few of the prequel issues. Not the greatest stories, but I still thought they were pretty fun.
It seems an Age of Apocalypse Companion Omnibus will follow.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #225
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Ive got the Simonson Thor Omnibus...the other day I picked it up, sort of holding it between my fingertips, and the book is so heavy it slipped out of the dustcover and onto the floor, and the dustcover crumpled up in my hands!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #226
rychehitman
Galactus

Am I the only one that is bothered that the Simonson Thor Omni doesn't have the Avengers #249? I realize that issue isn't written or drawn by Simonson...and the point was to have a Simonson Omni...but the story that Roger Stern crafted in Avengers #249 was directly related to the Simonson tale and included the Warriors Three, Surtur, Malekith , Beta Ray Bill and the effects of the Casket of Ancient Winters on Midgard...certainly all inspired by Walt, right???
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #227
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Where is the Dr Strange omni already???
The entire silver age run is perhaps the most underrated run of books of all time!
I've had it up to here with the X-Men... Bah.
Totally agree. I've got the Masterworks so probably would not pick this up if it came out. But, totally agree.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #228
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Am I the only one that is bothered that the Simonson Thor Omni doesn't have the Avengers #249? I realize that issue isn't written or drawn by Simonson...and the point was to have a Simonson Omni...but the story that Roger Stern crafted in Avengers #249 was directly related to the Simonson tale and included the Warriors Three, Surtur, Malekith , Beta Ray Bill and the effects of the Casket of Ancient Winters on Midgard...certainly all inspired by Walt, right???
For the reasons you mention (not written or drawn by Walt) and, also, this issue is an offshoot of the story rather than an integral component of the core story, this doesn't bother me. Having read the Omnibus from cover to cover, it didn't miss a beat without it. I say this being a huge fan of Roger Stern's Avengers run, too.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #229
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I really hope Marvel release a Bob Layton/David Micheline Iron Man omnibus.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #230
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

It should be a David Micheline/John Romita JR/Bob Layton omnibus, as the best Layton work was when he inked JRJR's pencils on Iron Man. It's amazing to me so many people don't know that Iron Man was JRJR's first major Marvel gig and attribute his pencils to Layton (though not implying you're doing that).