Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-29-2018, 07:52 AM   #9671
RyanGabriel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Better try to visit one of this days. Best store I’ve been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster View Post
How much did you end up paying for your Thanos if I can ask? I live in Burnaby and have heard about Toy Traders, haven't been there though. I bought my "broken" Thanos directly from SS and had to pay $250 in duty
RyanGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #9672
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I got my return label emailed to me today. SS said I need to return the entire statue since the throne and guantlet are chipped.
So, you have to return your statue before getting a replacement? I hate when SS does that. Sounds like you have a good body, so what happens if the body is worse?

I had that happen to me when I had to get a replacement Spiderwoman coh, destroyed the entire statue first then sent pics and SS sent replacement but freaking coh had a worse portrait.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #9673
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I got my return label emailed to me today. SS said I need to return the entire statue since the throne and guantlet are chipped.
I would ask them why you're required to send your statue back right now when other owners were told to hang onto their pieces until the replacements were shipped?

Seems odd to me given, like the poster before me said, you could end up with a worse Thanos body than you currently have. I would let them know that too - in the long run it saves them the trouble of sending out ANOTHER package if the Thanos is worse.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:38 PM   #9674
shaunster
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGabriel View Post
Better try to visit one of this days. Best store I’ve been.
Yeah maybe this weekend. My parents live out there. Could use it as an excuse to visit them lol.
shaunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:43 PM   #9675
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I would ask them why you're required to send your statue back right now when other owners were told to hang onto their pieces until the replacements were shipped?

Seems odd to me given, like the poster before me said, you could end up with a worse Thanos body than you currently have. I would let them know that too - in the long run it saves them the trouble of sending out ANOTHER package if the Thanos is worse.
After you guys return yours, I'll probably end up getting a returned EX portrait.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #9676
Demona
Martian Manhunter

But as long as it's mint.....
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:10 PM   #9677
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just got an email saying my replacement reg head will be shipping in a couple of days. Am I gonna have to destroy/return the head I have now before they send me the new one? They didn't specify in the email, and I'm just curious as to whether or not I'm gonna be displaying a headless Thanos for a week.
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:33 PM   #9678
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Just got an email saying my replacement reg head will be shipping in a couple of days. Am I gonna have to destroy/return the head I have now before they send me the new one? They didn't specify in the email, and I'm just curious as to whether or not I'm gonna be displaying a headless Thanos for a week.
Only if they ask you to ! Normally they will ask that you destroy first and send pics.

If they don't then great.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:47 PM   #9679
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Exactly a year to the day, I ordered this piece and i have to say, nothing, no videos or pictures prepares you for the awesomeness of what SS has done here when you open that box. I really really really love this piece and I happen to be one of the many who received a near perfect statue so i am happy for that..

Is it worth $1200? to me that's a yes. I know people have differing opinions on that, but for me this is the tip of the iceberg for my collection and i dont know if he this can be topped at this price point. I dont throw this word around, but this, this is my Grail!!

kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:48 PM   #9680
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I know you've all seen a million and one of these pictures, but i just had to share
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote