Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #41
LABound
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Just need a removable veil to save on cost...
Lol. Didn't even think of that.

Edit: no matter which version, the portrait would look cool with her MKX face.
LABound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #42
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsaleen View Post
Is it ED that gets the final say on the outfits?

What game is used really shouldn't matter by time this thing ships Mk11 will be in the works and anything MKX related will be long dead with Injustice 2 at full steam.
Any licensor will essentially have final saying on any merchandise, that's pmuch how it's always gonna be. However how much they put their hand in something will vary, and sometimes they may say "we want this, go with it" but more often you'll come up with ideas and they'll either approve, ask for tweaks, or reject it. But yes ultimately they can say no to any design if they so feel like it.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #43
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
In 1:3 scale we have to stick to the characters that are most popular as well as visually interesting. People just arent going to pay $900 or more for a 1:3 Liu Kang.
On the street fighter side of things do you think Juri is popular enough for the 1/3 treatment?
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #44
mkkollector81
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
In 1:3 scale we have to stick to the characters that are most popular as well as visually interesting. People just arent going to pay $900 or more for a 1:3 Liu Kang.

Breaks my heart
Cause i would
Have you guys considered doing 1:6 scale for the lessor adored characters?
mkkollector81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #45
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
On the street fighter side of things do you think Juri is popular enough for the 1/3 treatment?
Street Fighter is a bigger market so tbh I think at this point almost any 1:3 would do, but I suppose a good indication for Juri would be how well her upcoming ultra statue sells. I'd expect the series heavy hitters to be first though, like cammy, bison, and ken

and dan.

edit: bison not bason :P
Old 08-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #46
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

No doubt I'll like whatever design you guys come up so far 1:3 has been amazing
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #47
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I definitely hope so. I'm honestly hoping we're able to get e few more females than just Chun li and Cammy. Im kinda hoping for a healthy balance of male and female characters in the SF 1/3 line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Street Fighter is a bigger market so tbh I think at this point almost any 1:3 would do, but I suppose a good indication for Juri would be how well her upcoming ultra statue sells. I'd expect the series heavy hitters to be first though, like cammy and bison

and dan.

edit: bison not bason :P
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #48
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
I definitely hope so. I'm honestly hoping we're able to get e few more females than just Chun li and Cammy. Im kinda hoping for a healthy balance of male and female characters in the SF 1/3 line.
It may be tough as I don't think Jerry has the same optimism as I do for the SF 1:3 but I do really think that if sculpted almost any SF character in 1:3 (assuming it's very very well done) he could sell at least 400 of them, even with no variants.

Some would be tough sells, essentially the larger ones as they would be more expensive so you could skip those. Almost every female character would do well though I imagine.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #49
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I dunno about a balance...there are only 18 females out of a cast of 67, and I believe only about 7 would/could deserve a 1:3 (i.e. selling 300-400 @ $800-$900).
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #50
Indridcold99
The Avengers

MK 2 is the Real Klassic
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote