Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #31
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I've never seen a Cap statue I absolutely loved. I'm a big Cap fan, so I want to see an action pose along the line of the Deadpool PF, maybe deflecting some bullets, breaking through a door. I wanna be wowed.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #32
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Not with those cankles
For real. OG PF still the best. However, I dislike the cloth used on it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #33
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Some statues work well with mixed media but that OG Cap wasn't one of them imo. The mixed media ruined the lower half of that statue. Also why every time I see the Colossus PF, I'm reminded of a doll too with the mixed media it was given. if you want to see mixed media that actually works well, look at the OG Thor.
That's the reason I didn't buy the OG Cap PF. Those spanks looked horrible enough for me not to pull the trigger. IMO, the cloth looked cheezy too. I agree 100% with Colossus but not with Thor. The OG Thor looks like a chubby wrestler to me. I think the modern Thor PF's mixed media looks incredible and far superior to the OG Thor. I still think the BEST use of mixed media belongs to Lobo. Sideshow just killed it with that PF.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #34
FJC
Midnighter

OK, I'm in dire need of a 1/4 classic Cap. So, if this is in 1/4 scale, if this is a classic Cap, and if sideshow doesn't take some insane liberties with his costume to make him look horrible (like Deathstroker or Magneto), I'd be very interested in this piece. If this is a LSF or the costume is drastically altered from the classic one, my wait for a classic 1/4 Cap continues.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:08 AM   #35
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It looks like it could be Cap, but what would he be holding? The character is also really lean, looking.

Could it be Loki (sans horns), or some other baddie, holding items from other Avengers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
XM's honorary looked like a big Bowen-TOY. Too clean, too toy-ish for my tastes.
I love how you manage to bash Bowen and XM in the same sentence. There is reason that people enjoy the statues that look like the comic books they came from. While they may not be for you, Bowen and XM make great pieces.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:09 AM   #36
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
For real. OG PF still the best. However, I dislike the cloth used on it.
Agreed, I did like the Allied Charge Cap but it's too WWII for me, and I'd like a more classic/modern take, either something out of the 80's or early/mid 2000 would be perfect.

Like so:

Or this with the pouches
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #37
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Agreed, I did like the Allied Charge Cap but it's too WWII for me, and I'd like a more classic/modern take, either something out of the 80's or early/mid 2000 would be perfect.

Like so:

Or this with the pouches
LOVE the 1st pic. That's my Cap right there. As for the 2nd pic...NO POUCHES PLEASE. It just reminds me of Rob Liefeld and the 90's where there were just pouches and bomber jackets everywhere. It's straight classic Cap FTW with me personally.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #38
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
LOVE the 1st pic. That's my Cap right there. As for the 2nd pic...NO POUCHES PLEASE. It just reminds me of Rob Liefeld and the 90's where there were just pouches and bomber jackets everywhere. It's straight classic Cap FTW with me personally.
I don't mind Epting's take with a few tactical pouches, if it were Liefeld he'd have pouches encircling every limb and knee pads and shoulder pads, and a curved gun that he couldn't possibly hold.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #39
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

No mixed media please. I'm fine with mixed media when it is absolutely necessary (capes, Gambit's trench coat). Mixed media makes it look like a doll, and it bothers me when other pieces of the costume that would be fabric are sculpted.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #40
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
That's the reason I didn't buy the OG Cap PF. Those spanks looked horrible enough for me not to pull the trigger. IMO, the cloth looked cheezy too. I agree 100% with Colossus but not with Thor. The OG Thor looks like a chubby wrestler to me. I think the modern Thor PF's mixed media looks incredible and far superior to the OG Thor. I still think the BEST use of mixed media belongs to Lobo. Sideshow just killed it with that PF.
It's all in the lighting. I think he looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thor.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	106950  
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote