Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF DGK Diamond Select Deadpool Statue DGK Oniri Creations Cobra Statue Coming Soon CS Moore Interview Bits:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
Thegreywizard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 180
Is there an MCU Black Widow in the pipeline?

I’m wondering if we’ll ever see a 1/4 MCU Black Widow to go with Iron Studios latest 1/4 MCU line?

She’s never had a proper 1/4 statue done of her and her final movie is coming out in the spring. It would be fitting she has a killer 1/4 scale statue to glorify her time in the MCU.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
Augen
Power Girl Fan
Adamantium Member
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,315
I don't think there have been movie based premium formats for the MCU for years. I would have figured a Black Panther or Captain Marvel would have happened, but even with Endgame no announcement came.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
Thegreywizard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 180
Isn’t Iron Studios new Captain America 1/4 MCU?

Good point on no Captain Marvel so even less chance of a Black Widow.

But hopefully one day.

I guess SS did do a 1/4 scale MCU, but it’s a bit underwhelming if you ask me.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
Phoenixblazes
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I don't think there have been movie based premium formats for the MCU for years. I would have figured a Black Panther or Captain Marvel would have happened, but even with Endgame no announcement came.

Given Sideshow's track record with their last batch of MCU pieces, I for one wouldn't want any of their premium formats. The only one imo that has been any good has been their Mark 3 'Maquette'.

And you have to remember that you are in the Iron Studio's thread, and they have of course in the 1/4 line have produced 2 from AOU, 6 from Civil War, 2 from Infinity War, and now 4 from Endgame. If which I will have them all.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
Phoenixblazes
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
I’m wondering if we’ll ever see a 1/4 MCU Black Widow to go with Iron Studios latest 1/4 MCU line?

She’s never had a proper 1/4 statue done of her and her final movie is coming out in the spring. It would be fitting she has a killer 1/4 scale statue to glorify her time in the MCU.
There has been a great 1/4 piece of the MCU Black Widow. The Winter Soldier version from Gentle Giant is a great piece. If I had bought a 2nd one of her, which at one point I was actually thinking to do, I could've flipped her for double given what she was going for in the secondary market.

And I think Sideshow has done one or two of her as well, but I didn't feel the need to get theirs.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:47 PM   #6
Thegreywizard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 180
Yeah that Gentle Giant is pretty sweet. But kind of small and a stupid base. Is it really 1/4?

Sideshow released a Premium Format, Non-MCU black Widow with a giant .50 that is really awesome, but I’m kind of partial to Scarlett so I may wait to see if a new MCU 1/4 is teased after her movie is released.

But there are at least a couple of cool variations out there.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
Augen
Power Girl Fan
Adamantium Member
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Given Sideshow's track record with their last batch of MCU pieces, I for one wouldn't want any of their premium formats. The only one imo that has been any good has been their Mark 3 'Maquette'.

And you have to remember that you are in the Iron Studio's thread, and they have of course in the 1/4 line have produced 2 from AOU, 6 from Civil War, 2 from Infinity War, and now 4 from Endgame. If which I will have them all.
You're right. My bad. Who were the 6 IS 1:4 from Civil War?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #8
Phoenixblazes
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Yeah that Gentle Giant is pretty sweet. But kind of small and a stupid base. Is it really 1/4?

Sideshow released a Premium Format, Non-MCU black Widow with a giant .50 that is really awesome, but Iím kind of partial to Scarlett so I may wait to see if a new MCU 1/4 is teased after her movie is released.

But there are at least a couple of cool variations out there.
Yep itís correct 1/4 scale. But if youíre comparing them to some of the Iron Studio pieces, then I understand. As some of them are closer to 1/3.5 scale than 1/4 scale. Heck Iíve got the Prime 1 1/3 Arkham Knight Joker relatively close to the Iron Studios 1/4 AOU Captain America, and the 1/4 Cap makes Joker look small, even when accounting for him slim physique.

And Sideshow has released at least one MCU Black Widow, but I didnít much care for it.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #9
Phoenixblazes
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
You're right. My bad. Who were the 6 IS 1:4 from Civil War?
Falcon, Bucky, Cap, Black Panther, War Machine, and Mark 46.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #10
Drakonnen
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Yeah that Gentle Giant is pretty sweet. But kind of small and a stupid base. Is it really 1/4?
It is definitely 1/4. I actually built a custom base for mine so she would fit in a group line up though since the original base was horrible.

I have contacted Iron Studios repeatedly pushing for a 1/4 MCU Widow and they have thanked me for the suggestion, but no plans yet. I think more people need to hound them for it.

I think it's a little ridiculous they did Civil War Bucky, Falcon, and War Machine and skipped her.
Attached Thumbnails
20190812_170303.jpg  
Drakonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com