Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 09-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

DeathNote - Ryuk by Craftlabel

just picked this up if i ever get around to take pics of mine, i'll post them. but it's a sweet piece at a great price. i'll probably end up tweaking the paint on my piece, but overall nice job. the face especially seems washed out. he's also 'bluer' then the pics show.

Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Looks great. I've seen these popping up on ebay about 2 months ago but never pulled the trigger myself.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Faiyaz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
Adamantium Member

Awesome man. I have one 2. One problem tho. The wings dont fit so snug in the back. so if it shakes it feels like its gonna fall out. I glued the thing in so its solid now. The back piece for when you take out the wings is a bit stupid. Its to small. But otherwise one of the better Death note statues ive seen. Cant wait for Rem
Faiyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
Primal
Batman

Looks great!

How's the anime by the way? I'm looking for a new series to get into.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
MeetThyReaper
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The manga kicks ass. I haven't seen the anime yet, but the first volume is due on DVD in November.

If you like a suspenseful story that keeps you glued to your seat, this is the series to check out. Basically, the story is about a guy named Light Yagami who gets his hands on a supernatural notebook that can kill people. Of course, he decides to use it to cleanse the world of criminals and ends up with investigators on his trail. However, Light is possibly the most clever bastard I have ever seen in a series and finds interesting ways of keeping them in the dark. If you like a story that keeps you guessing, with depth, supernatural death-bringers, cool characters, suspense and action, Death Note is the series for you.

'nuff said.

EDIT: I wish I had the music from Reading Rainbow....y'know....the one where the kids talk about their favorite books and then the music goes "Duh duh duh!"
MeetThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:18 AM   #6
TheGreyOne
The Spirit

Speaking of Death Note... I believe it will be on Cartoon Network on Saturday night October 20th... in place of Bleach... before Blood Plus...
TheGreyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:24 AM   #7
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ya I saw the entire line of these at City Walk about two weeks ago. I came VERY close to getting them all. These all look really nice in my opinion, but I love deathnote
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote