Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 11-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #21
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Which is why they need to stop this Black Friday sales thing. Just have super discounted items on a web site, and the first 100 people that order get the item. And then list a new item every 30min.

Keep the masses at home and glued to the computer instead of rushing into a store for items that prob will be discounted at the same price after the new years.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #22
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Which is why they need to stop this Black Friday sales thing. Just have super discounted items on a web site, and the first 100 people that order get the item. And then list a new item every 30min.

Keep the masses at home and glued to the computer instead of rushing into a store for items that prob will be discounted at the same price after the new years.

This assumes people can read, use a computer, have internet access, have a valid credit card, be available at the time to order, as well as feel comfortable with providing personal infomation online. That's assuming quite a bit.

Some people want their item right away and may not feel at ease with having a 48 inch screen TV mailed to them.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #23
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYCOMICMAN View Post
Why?
Because some !%&!%&!%&!%&ing lowlife human garbage trampled him?
Are you of the mindset that the gun killed the person, not the person who fired the gun?
If this happened at a sporting evet would you blame the team?
Or a concert?
Or is it only because it's fashionable to trash Wal-Mart?
Wow Angrycomicman, you really are an angrycomicman. No, I'm not of that mindset. I just feel that walmart might have taken precautions in crowd control. If I ran a Black Friday sale and had an inkling that hundreds of "lowlife" humans might be pressing against my store's doors in the morning with enough force to crumple steel supports and ultimately crush a man to death, I might have hired a few security guards to maintain line order or worked out a number system ahead of time.
I didn't blame The Who in Cincinnati, I don't blame Gun Makers. Just feel that the store might have taken the time to think this one through. Also, helping out the poor soul's family may be a gesture of sympathy and good faith. I've never trashed Walmart before just feel sad and bad about this man's life forfeit for a few hundred inexpensive flat screen tv's.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #24
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
This assumes people can read, use a computer, have internet access, have a valid credit card, be available at the time to order, as well as feel comfortable with providing personal infomation online. That's assuming quite a bit.

Some people want their item right away and may not feel at ease with having a 48 inch screen TV mailed to them.

Meh, people can buy pre paid Credit Cards now and get prepared for the holidays if needed.

These stores just dont have the support needed for the amount of people that rush to get those super doorbuster savings. My cousin went with his sister today to walmart at 5am to get in on some deals, the line went around the whole building and across the street. Now you think even if they have a min 200 people working it would be enough to keep the mob at bay?

just look at last years problems, with that one store selling laptops for $65 and the 10 people that got trampled. You would think the stores learn the lesson by now.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #25
scott
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Wow Angrycomicman, you really are an angrycomicman. No, I'm not of that mindset. I just feel that walmart might have taken precautions in crowd control. If I ran a Black Friday sale and had an inkling that hundreds of "lowlife" humans might be pressing against my store's doors in the morning with enough force to crumple steel supports and ultimately crush a man to death, I might have hired a few security guards to maintain line order or worked out a number system ahead of time.
I didn't blame The Who in Cincinnati, I don't blame Gun Makers. Just feel that the store might have taken the time to think this one through. Also, helping out the poor soul's family may be a gesture of sympathy and good faith. I've never trashed Walmart before just feel sad and bad about this man's life forfeit for a few hundred inexpensive flat screen tv's.
I hear what you are saying, but I agree with ACM. I think it's more the type of people that Walmart attracts then Walmart. Could they have done more to prevent this? I do not know. When and where will be the next time? Again I do not know.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #26
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

best buy has armed security at every store around here and it all goes very civil. wal-mart will get sued for not atking enough precautions and they will lose taht is agiven. soon black fridays will change after such a large company loses this kind of suit. the people that wlaked through that door should all be arrested if they can be identified on the tape as well. i never go to black frday and never will. not worth it and most of that stuff can be had on the internet for the same price during december anyhow. and for sure those tv prices always drop in january.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #27
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Been to the Best Buy for the last two years and they have cops at opening. They also hand out sheets for the limited items so there is no running when the doors open, you know you have it guaranteed.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #28
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
I hear what you are saying, but I agree with ACM. I think it's more the type of people that Walmart attracts then Walmart. Could they have done more to prevent this? I do not know. When and where will be the next time? Again I do not know.
I know I came off as harsh.
But the media doesn't tell you the whole story. And I don't want to sound, how would you say, not PC.
#1. That Wal-Mart is in a very "Bad" area.
#2. Single women avoid the place like the plague. More abductions and rapes than any part of Long Island.
#3. You can't go there at night. Maybe if you are armed.
Catch the drift.
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #29
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I was standing in line at Walmart tonight when I heard about this. I was also told about an older woman who was at the Walmart I was shopping at who was pressed up against the glass doors this morning and knocked unconscious, and another woman across town at another department store who happens to be pregnant, and was smashed up against the glass doors by the crowd, and is now hemorrhaging in a local hospital. Then, just now on the news, they reported that two men shot each other in a Cali Toys-R-Us, all this in the name of what? Just to get a few bucks off on some "stuff." I feel sad when I think about how cheap life is, when there's a few bucks on the line...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #30
feeter
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYCOMICMAN View Post
I know I came off as harsh.
But the media doesn't tell you the whole story. And I don't want to sound, how would you say, not PC.
#1. That Wal-Mart is in a very "Bad" area.
#2. Single women avoid the place like the plague. More abductions and rapes than any part of Long Island.
#3. You can't go there at night. Maybe if you are armed.
Catch the drift.
I havn't been in that part of Valley Stream but it must be getting worse and worse there
feeter is offline   Reply With Quote