Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #11
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Re-Releases of SOLD OUT Product, NO GOOD!
Wait.....you've heard of Batman? If re-releasing a character was somehow a negative, they'd be giving Batman statues out with packets of chewing gum.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:59 AM   #12
ozboy
Birdman

I'd be fine with them redoing the 1:4 ex in 1:3 (with some subtle changes and improved face) cos it did a great job of capturing 2 different looks
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:11 AM   #13
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Wait.....you've heard of Batman? If re-releasing a character was somehow a negative, they'd be giving Batman statues out with packets of chewing gum.
the repaints and rereleases of Bats and any other character not solicited at the time of original sale as a variant, is not good for the hobby.

It hurts the integrity go the original collectors item pieces. It helps the companies make a profit with little R&D and it helps new collectors that missed on the old and don't want to pay to get the old sold out piece. Which creates a nasty cycle.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:28 AM   #14
qz33
Rescue

As a current owner of the PCS Robocop I'm cool if they do it at a bigger scale with a sharpend casting and a higher quality paintjob.
As Oniri has proven there isn't much new that could be done with a Robocop statue othere than go bigger.
They need to aim him to be in scale with Prime1's Predator 1/3.

If the sharpen up the sculpt lines at that scale the PCS sculpt could really be something. No slop this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
the repaints and rereleases of Bats and any other character not solicited at the time of original sale as a variant, is not good for the hobby.

It hurts the integrity go the original collectors item pieces. It helps the companies make a profit with little R&D and it helps new collectors that missed on the old and don't want to pay to get the old sold out piece. Which creates a nasty cycle.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #15
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
As Oniri has proven there isn't much new that could be done with a Robocop statue othere than go bigger.
I totally disagree. A battle damaged version 1/4 scale statue has not been done. Enterbay did one but I believe it was from robocop 3... and it was not a statue.

If a 1/4 Damaged version with an extra portrait of Peter Weller and switch out arms and maybe a swap out chest plate would be the ultimate Robocop in my opinion.

I already reached out to Prime 1 about it and they thought it was a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I think Oniri's piece is really nice and an improvement from PCS one, but for the price tag I would have expected a bit more switch outs...

E.
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:10 AM   #16
qz33
Rescue

A damaged version could be very cool but would have a more limited appeal compared to a normal version. As far as Weller's likeness except for a single instance that has proven too costly to obtain and to sell well would have to be much more accurate than Oniri's current mouth part.
Damage Switchouts for that much of a piece don't usually have a very uniform result.
If a clean version can only warrant 500 sales there is not much left for a battle damaged variant.

I am more referring to pose which ss far as a normal Robocop no statue is going to get much past him standing and aiming his gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
I totally disagree. A battle damaged version 1/4 scale statue has not been done. Enterbay did one but I believe it was from robocop 3... and it was not a statue.

If a 1/4 Damaged version with an extra portrait of Peter Weller and switch out arms and maybe a swap out chest plate would be the ultimate Robocop in my opinion.

I already reached out to Prime 1 about it and they thought it was a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I think Oniri's piece is really nice and an improvement from PCS one, but for the price tag I would have expected a bit more switch outs...

E.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #17
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
A damaged version could be very cool but would have a more limited appeal compared to a normal version..
Ummm... I have to disagree again There are two great 1/4 versions of Robocop, PCS and Oniri and anyone who is a fan would also get the Damaged version for their collection.

But of course, that is my opinion and you could totally be right that it would not sell as much as the clean version. But I think a good portrait of Weller can be the difference. I for once would prefer to have a 1/4 with switch out heads, clean, damaged and Weller's portrait and a couple of switch out for the left and right arms as well as hands.

But if PCS does release a 1/3 scale, that would be great too
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #18
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'd be in for a damaged version.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:43 PM   #19
BurningRage
Inhumans

The HT battle damaged is pretty amazing so a 1/4 of that would be nice.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #20
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I love the HT Robocop figures. They're some of the best HT has done, and the BD one is fantastic.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote