Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #1031
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Can agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo99 View Post
To me the base looks like they're trying to cut costs.
Yea, I can see that point as well. It's just hard to wrap my head around it at times as I feel that there seem to have been so many X-Men related statues made overtime, not just by Sideshow but so many other companies and it would seem that the depiction of the X-Men and their adventures have been limited to either fighting in the Danger Room, Being in the snow or having just completed a battle where the poor X-Mansion has bitten the bullet.....again and again.... Both X-Men and X-Bad Guys have been around for decades in the comics, cartoons and movies, you would think that the designers would push the creativity just a bit further. Then again perhaps it does come down to money as most things in the world usually do. Anyways, just my thoughts and humble opinion. I do suppose that because of this, it can make it easier to "mix and match" various statues from various companies and have them all still "work together" due to common base designs.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #1032
Y3E
Gen 13

I don't think SS was trying to cut corners with the base, on the contrary. I think they were trying to get away from the usual, boring Danger room/sentinel/rock/snow/destroyed mansion bases. I'm glad they went with something different.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #1033
Destroyous
Justice League

I look at this every week and strongly consider getting one. I’m waiting to see what XMs looks like but they haven’t even put out a teaser yet just the name in that crossword puzzle so I’m gonna have to jump on this soon.
Destroyous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:28 PM   #1034
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Been waiting for my exclusive to convert. But no luck. Pull the trigger today on the regular with 10% off.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:43 AM   #1035
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Jean Grey Premium Format? Figure by Sideshow Collectibles
Arrived today. No 0701/2000

All in a all, a great looking piece. I always liked the Jean Grey sculpt and paint aspect of the piece ever since it was revealed.
I was never sold on the base concept. In person the white has a silver edge to it.

The good news, no googly eye's, and paint lines look sharp.

Some bad news, mine came with what i can only describe as a line made with a knife, which runs across the rear of the hair.
There does not appear to be any paint missing. It makes sense to assume, the line was made after casting, before painting.
I wondered if knives are used during the moment when a cast if removed from it's mold?

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #1036
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Nice photos, the statue is looking really good!
I wonder though if this issue you found is something Sideshow usually handles or if they consider it something acceptable.

I'm curious because I observed a similar problem on the Rogue PF I received a few days ago (found a line like yours on the metal blade that is part of the base).
coolbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #1037
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
Nice photos, the statue is looking really good!
I wonder though if this issue you found is something Sideshow usually handles or if they consider it something acceptable.

I'm curious because I observed a similar problem on the Rogue PF I received a few days ago (found a line like yours on the metal blade that is part of the base).
Sideshow are sending out a replacement head sculpt. I hope it looks as good as the one i have (minus the line).
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:45 PM   #1038
Limmic
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Been waiting for my exclusive to convert. But no luck. Pull the trigger today on the regular with 10% off.
Honestly, the EX is only worth it for slightly higher resell value. It's a pretty lame EX. My EX head//hands sit in a drawer and will remain there.

The EX head and hands don't look as nice, and make zero sense with her non-Phoenix costume.

It was a big missed opportunity to have a ponytail alternate portrait. That would've been a great EX because the face sculpt is fantastic.
Limmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #1039
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limmic View Post
Honestly, the EX is only worth it for slightly higher resell value. It's a pretty lame EX. My EX head//hands sit in a drawer and will remain there.

The EX head and hands don't look as nice, and make zero sense with her non-Phoenix costume.

It was a big missed opportunity to have a ponytail alternate portrait. That would've been a great EX because the face sculpt is fantastic.
When I owned the EX of this, I kind of did the same. I picked up the EX originally because I thought I liked the portrait better. But once I got it, the REG portrait was just too beautiful to not display. So I ended up going REG portrait with the EX flame hands. Sold it eventually because I realized I didn't need the EX, and if I pick it up again I'm more than happy with the REG. I do agree a Ponytail EX portrait would have been great.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #1040
wolverinehurdle
Mephisto

I got this delivered this week. Very happy with the purchase
wolverinehurdle is offline   Reply With Quote