Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-18-2024, 05:22 PM   #181
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
Really relieved to hear the piece is naturally balanced. Some pieces really scare me in that top heavy aspect. If these were made out of a more forgiving material like plastic I wouldn?t be as concerned but polystone just seems to fragile.
Scare you? Putting these together is like playing "Operation" for me, except I paid $1000+ for the honor of playing. I don't know why I keep pushing it. Me doing SOMETHING wrong is bound to happen no matter how careful I think I'm being.

I JUST was swearing off any intricate pieces and even attempted some big cancellations where I'd lose a ton on deposits (I changed my mind and sent a "disregard" e-mail) because I was so over it after marking up a P1 piece because of having to thread a needle to get a 1/4 figure keyed into two awkward places at once.

Even lifting these out of the styrofoam, you have no idea sometimes what you could be grabbing/potentially breaking.

That statue I was referring to before was the P1 Uncharted - the instruction booklet reminded me of a model kit. Why?

I can't wait to see how many pieces this one comes with. I can't wait to scrape some paint off Joker when keying Batman into him. Let's see.... probably keys into Joker and then the knee keys into the base . I'm sure that will turn out great for me and they'll just slide in perfectly.

I'll never forget assembling the P1 Poison Ivy and having that heavy piece hanging over her head as the key was so tight and I was just stuck for a while. Torture.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:31 PM   #182
SONICobra
Batman

ive always thought crocs portraits on the P1 piece look goofy, they dont look vicious or threatening at all - almost look like cartoonish caricatures. also for me i just dont love when characters dont have full bodies, to me that is a batman statue with a killer croc themed base. the SS piece has two full characters so its a batman and joker statue. again just my personal opinion comparing the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Is the Prime1 Batman vs. Killer Croc really better than Sideshow Batman vs.Joker? (asking myself too lol)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 06:07 PM   #183
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Scare you? Putting these together is like playing "Operation" for me, except I paid $1000+ for the honor of playing. I don't know why I keep pushing it. Me doing SOMETHING wrong is bound to happen no matter how careful I think I'm being.

I JUST was swearing off any intricate pieces and even attempted some big cancellations where I'd lose a ton on deposits (I changed my mind and sent a "disregard" e-mail) because I was so over it after marking up a P1 piece because of having to thread a needle to get a 1/4 figure keyed into two awkward places at once.

Even lifting these out of the styrofoam, you have no idea sometimes what you could be grabbing/potentially breaking.

That statue I was referring to before was the P1 Uncharted - the instruction booklet reminded me of a model kit. Why?

I can't wait to see how many pieces this one comes with. I can't wait to scrape some paint off Joker when keying Batman into him. Let's see.... probably keys into Joker and then the knee keys into the base . I'm sure that will turn out great for me and they'll just slide in perfectly.

I'll never forget assembling the P1 Poison Ivy and having that heavy piece hanging over her head as the key was so tight and I was just stuck for a while. Torture.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:26 PM   #184
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Not for me but it looks pretty great. I don't think the flames on the cape add anything to the piece.

This Batman is exactly what I've been waiting for for ages in 1/4th scale but I don't want a two character diorama...
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:16 PM   #185
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

I agree, the unboxing and assembly part always makes me nervous.

Also, it's always a role of the dice whether or not you get a mostly perfect statue.

The last thing you want to do, is receive a homage to your favorite character and then oops, snap off a piece.

I still get chills from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBbOHL-TMnc
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 12:06 AM   #186
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Yep. Worst offender of late was Tweeterhead's 1/4 scale Joker on throne. There's a leaflet saying "dont lift from here, or here, or here...."

The entire base and throne is a single piece and when lifting out of the box, you don't know if what you're holding will support the weight or not. The statue weighs just shy of 30kg (~65lbs).
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM   #187
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

The cape on fire?

Batman's cape catching fire is rare. I think it would have to be a napalm like substance stuck to the cape. The cape is definitely fire resistant. If it could actively catch fire, it would be a constant burden and referenced as such in the comics.

Both Batman and Joker have a Norm Breyfogle influence to them, modernized Sideshow style, of course, which I absolutely love.

How much Batman and Joker do I need? We have this Joker portrayed as a PF but not a fully sculpted Batman as such. It might be worth it as a great comic accurate Batman PF.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:13 AM   #188
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
The cape on fire?

Batman's cape catching fire is rare. I think it would have to be a napalm like substance stuck to the cape. The cape is definitely fire resistant. If it could actively catch fire, it would be a constant burden and referenced as such in the comics.

Both Batman and Joker have a Norm Breyfogle influence to them, modernized Sideshow style, of course, which I absolutely love.

How much Batman and Joker do I need? We have this Joker portrayed as a PF but not a fully sculpted Batman as such. It might be worth it as a great comic accurate Batman PF.

Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:58 AM   #189
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Great price! And interesting they are doing a "timed release." That is a Sideshow first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Just for the name plate.

Geez ...SSC couldn't think of something better for the EX, huh?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 11:06 AM   #190
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Did I miss a story where Joker throws playing cards like Bullseye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Apparently it's a thing

No way Joker throws cards as accurately and as deadly as Bullseye, tho. Just can't see that with the Joker.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote