Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #31
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
And this is exactly what I'm talking about...there's no point in trying to convince a skeptic of something that you have to experience to believe.

(No offense, Cess!)

None taken.

Skepticism and science is simply the best tool we have in examining the world around us.

It has proven the existance of things completely unimaginable previously, unseen worlds, wether it is the existance of atoms or distant galaxies.

Yet,

Why do supernatural things always fail to produce even a scrap of examinable scientific evidence?

Yet science can clearly prove the human mind is capable of incredible imaginings and other very false perceptions, that seem so real but simply are not there, and that it is indeed rather common even in a totally healthy mind.

Our brains are not trustable on many things we would swear was true.

Simple example...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070717.html
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #32
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Never saw any actual ghosts myself, but twice after wakes I dreamed the exact wake replaying but with the deceased person watching silently in a seat.
that is freaky!!

i believe in ghosts. ive seen a few actually and my grandma loves telling her stories too. when i was about 8 i was at my neighbors house and heard her mother yelling out for me. i ran to the living room and saw her folding blankets and asked her what she needed, she turned and dropped the blanket and put her finger to her mouth and said shhh. she was looking behind me. so i turned and there she was (her real mom) asking who i was talking to. i turned back around and she was gone! eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! there was a little girl too that i saw in the same house. ugh
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #33
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

did i scare you?
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:57 PM   #34
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
None taken.

Skepticism and science is simply the best tool we have in examining the world around us.

It has proven the existance of things completely unimaginable previously, unseen worlds, wether it is the existance of atoms or distant galaxies.

Yet,

Why do supernatural things always fail to produce even a scrap of examinable scientific evidence?

Yet science can clearly prove the human mind is capable of incredible imaginings and other very false perceptions, that seem so real but simply are not there, and that it is indeed rather common even in a totally healthy mind.

Our brains are not trustable on many things we would swear was true.

Simple example...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070717.html
I'm all for science (and that mind-trick is a pretty cool one, I have to say! I love those things...), and I'm actually pretty skeptical myself. But then again, some things I've experienced myself, and there's no more positive proof than first-hand exposure. I know that there will always be an argument that it's the mind playing tricks, or some such--but that's as baseless a claim as is blind faith! Sure, we can prove that the mind does and can play tricks, but can it be proven that it's playing a trick in that case? Not usually (and where it can, I'm certainly the first to support debunking).

There are a lot more wackos on the faith-side of the fence, I'll admit, but I also believe that there are also more things in heaven and earth than can be dreamt of in definitive science. (And I'm using "faith" here not in the religious sense...)

I've had these discussions with some of my friends, and they're always fun to have. But ultimately it comes down to this--because there's no definitive proof, which do you default to believing: science or faith? And everyone has their own answer to that--everyone is either a Mulder or a Scully.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #35
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinboy View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

did i scare you?
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #36
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

One thing about ghosts if true.

They are retards.

There, I said it. Ghosts are retards.

Oh that is not a PC word but who cares, I am having a little fun so nobody get bent about this ok?

They never communicate useful information, they cant BS about the nature of any after life, they are always clueless they are dead, doing stupid retard things to people.

Tapping?
Knocking stuff over?
Whispers and crap.
Moaning and making people feel "cold".
Jeez.

I mean this isnt exactly the way I would behave if I were able to communicate on ANY level with the living.

Jeez, you would think with 90 billion people dead someone would be smart enough to communicate useful information from beyond that proves it.

Jeez even Morse code for crying out loud.

Hey, dude! Im freaking dead and Im still here!

Check this out.......passes hand through table.

How about that!

Damn, anyone else dead here?

Yo, Lincoln wassup?
Julius Ceasar? Your friends were effed up!
Hitler? You SOB you!

Go get the video cam, I'm going to do a ghost jig for you, yeah thats right, I am going to moonwalk.

Call Oprah! lets talk on national TV.

All reports of ghosts they almost always act like total retards.

Or maybe only retards come back as ghosts.

Or maybe there is a retard clause in the ghost world that demands only certain acceptable behaviours.

Hell Casper put on a better show. (was he Casper the friendly boy before he died?)

So if there is a ghost existence.

Ill haunt this forum and try not to be a retard.

God knows some will say I sound retarded enough alive.

Or... am I???

CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #37
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

wow, that was truely strange.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote