Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-22-2024, 06:57 PM   #111
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
No blood, no dirt, no sweat, no scuffs, no rips or tears. She just looks too clean admist a battle with a few ninjas. Takes me out of the whole 'storytelling' aspect.
She could?ve just started?
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:05 PM   #112
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Not at all.

I have definitely been addressing this recently as you are correct.......it has become more and more noticeable. Almost obvious if you ask me. I noticed a tremendous difference when the last Emma Frost PF came out as opposed to the one that came out before her. I had both. And yes, the earlier OG PF had the attire and build of what I would deem as depicting a more comic accurate look for her where she was in the X-Men or the Helfire Club. Now I realize that the OG version was an overall more stylized version of her but still, there was/is a substantial difference in modesty from that one to the most recent Emma PF. Again I get that the most recent Emma is meant to be a more 'realistic' version but for the character of Emma.....it just seems and always has seemed (to me) as too much on the modest side for how she wonders around from day to day in the comics.

When I saw the Psylocke PF (with the pink Psy-Base) I always felt the same........I always wondered why the g-string/thong was not as pronounced as it is drawn in the comics. I believe the OG one had a sharper/higher cut as well. The most recent looks more like a cross between a Brazilian cut bottom and a full back. For me, not as comic accurate as I have been used to. But again, that is just me.

I recall the OG Ms. Marvel (Warbird).......If I am not mistaken, she had dental floss, no...??

And then when the recent Power Girl came out and her upper area was as small as it was.......that was when I really felt that things were amiss.

Again, not trying to be creepy.....just thinking about comic accuracy is all.

For me, Elektra (particularly this version-which seems to be more comic accurate--her costume)......I am used to her sporting a thong. Not a full/fuller back.

But again, it's just my opinion and observations.
You are right for sure. Not being creepy.

Honestly most women still like to be perceived as attractive/sexy as well. There's totally a difference between being objectified vs looking attractive and confident.

Some of the older sculpts did go a bit too far but most were fine. Hopefully they don't go overboard with these changes. We haven't seen any morbidly obese or bearded female sculpts yet so at least we're clear of all of that for the moment lol.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:12 PM   #113
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If I loved Elektra like I love Storm, I?d own this and the previous PF in a heartbeat. I love the sexy museum and the awesome action versions.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:17 PM   #114
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
We haven't seen any morbidly obese or bearded female sculpts yet so at least we're clear of all of that for the moment lol.
Some female dwarfs in Middle-earth have beards, would that sculpt be OK?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:37 PM   #115
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Some female dwarfs in Middle-earth have beards, would that sculpt be OK?
Well now that is true isn't it. I'm honestly fine with them doing whatever sells the most and keeps the hobby alive and going.

But I will say I do prefer the source accuracy for these statues. If the source has boobs, and a beard, and it sells well... good for Sideshow
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 09:43 PM   #116
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Just a slightly different angle.

Ah ...I see. Thanks for posting this pic.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm concerned about the teeth now that I see them in this angle. Will have to see more pics to be sure.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:03 PM   #117
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Another new image. I don't like the portrait as much from this angle. Shouldn't she be looking down at the deadly assassins trying to kill her?

Yup, good point. Kinda looks like she's breaking the 4th wall by looking at the audience instead of her adversaries.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:23 PM   #118
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’d imagine good fighters are always looking ahead at their next target because they have accounted for the ones near them. That’s how I take this.

These people are just fodder she doesn’t care about and her main target is ahead.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:44 PM   #119
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
There are two armed enemies right under her feet and she is looking where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
More enemies coming at her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'd imagine good fighters are always looking ahead at their next target because they have accounted for the ones near them. That's how I take this.
Exactly
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 11:56 PM   #120
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I?d imagine good fighters are always looking ahead at their next target because they have accounted for the ones near them. That?s how I take this.

These people are just fodder she doesn?t care about and her main target is ahead.
Maybe someday we'll get a statue of Kirigi. He definitely gave Elektra a run for her money.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote