Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
sparda
The Avengers

P1 - SSC Debacle

Haven't seen a thread on the following evolution yet so I thought informing the members here.

As of a couple of days ago, SSC is no longer providing replacement parts for P1 pieces, be them just released or a couple of months old. Furthermore, the partial refunds have been reduced to 20-50$. A friend of mine had 2 of the 3 spikes on one of Hush Batman's gloves broken off and could choose between sending the piece back and 20$.

A collector reached out to P1, hoping they would help him out directly, but they basically told him to sodd of if he hadn't bought directly.

As such a new low in the SSC-P1 debacle has been reached, now also screwing over collectors who just want to enjoy their pieces...
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #2
Luminous
Cyclops

This just cements my decision to no longer order P1 products through SS. Hope P1 gets their US warehouse sorted. I could be done buying these statues if they don't.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:36 PM   #3
nameivom
The Herculoids

I don't know how long you have been a collector but it isn't exactly common for any distributor in this business to offer replacement parts for a statue that they don't manufacture. It is up to the manufacturer, if they have or will offer replacement parts. If Sideshow is offering a full refund for return what more do you want?
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:21 PM   #4
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I don't know how long you have been a collector but it isn't exactly common for any distributor in this business to offer replacement parts for a statue that they don't manufacture. It is up to the manufacturer, if they have or will offer replacement parts. If Sideshow is offering a full refund for return what more do you want?
Which ones don't do that is the shorter list. Where have you been denied a refund? I've worked with many distributors and never been denied a refund or help with a piece.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #5
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Will Sideshow refund NRDs of P1 orders upon request, now that they've changed the terms of our existing POs?
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #6
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I wonder if Sideshow will cancel all Prime 1 preorders at some point and refund everyone’s money.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I've had distributors of Sideshow products source replacement parts for me when required. So no reason they shouldn't be able to do the same.

I agree that's ridiculous and both companies should be ashamed. Fair enough if they don't want to do business any longer but they should end things amicably so they can both be professional in ensuring an appropriate level of service is provided to the customers they have already sold items to.

Nothing surprises me in this hobby anymore though. And of course one could be more to blame for the cold war approach than the other I suspect.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #8
qz33
Rescue

Guys don't let these people blur the facts. Sideshow is still offering full refunds.
Prime1 manufacturers replacement pieces after the fact and they likely just don't want outstanding issues that long.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:13 PM   #9
stryker12
Fantastic Four

Do you guys really think current standing pre-orders with sideshow (for prime 1 pieces) will be canceled? I am waiting on a couple and I would be absolutely devastated tbh.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:18 PM   #10
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
Do you guys really think current standing pre-orders with sideshow (for prime 1 pieces) will be canceled? I am waiting on a couple and I would be absolutely devastated tbh.
I think that’s worst case scenario. Fact is that nobody really knows what’s going on right now.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote